• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Infertile???

Maximusp2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I'm hoping to get some help. January I tried breeding my female she is almost 2 she never had eggs before. She developed eggs layed 8 infertile eggs after about 4 to 5 weeks. After she mated with my male for one week. Will she lay more eggs that will be fertile or do I put her with my male again

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm going to delete your comment in the other thread because it had nothing to do with her topic and you already created a thread asking your question.

I don't really understand your question. It sounds like she laid eggs before she was with your male and now you are wondering if she will lay eggs again after being with him? If she was with a male then the eggs have a high chance of being fertile. If they are fertile make sure you do your research on how to incubate the eggs and raise babies.

Maximusp2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry bout that let me explain. At the end of January I put my male and my female together for one week. They mated . My female started eating a lot. Then she started digging around. After 4 to 5 weeks I put her in a lay box . She laid 8 eggs that where infertile. That was 2 weeks ago. I have not put her with my sleep again. She is now eating a lot . Will she lay more eggs or do I breed her again. To get fertile eggs.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm not an expert on breeding but I think they usually lay a lot more than 8 eggs. I would be careful that she doesn't become egg bound. Sometimes when they have eggs you can feel them in their belly, they feel like little round marbles. Put her in a bath and when she flattens out, very gently feel her lower belly. Females can hold on to sperm for a long time after being with a male. So it is possible that she will have eggs form again without being with the male.

The process of making eggs is real taxing on her body, so make sure she is eating calcium rich, fattening foods. You can hard boil an egg and just feed her the plain egg white to help build up her calcium stores.