• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

inactive and not basking

Status
Not open for further replies.

pteam

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi,

Our 3 year old male bearded dragon has been for the past few weeks now hiding in the corner and has a less interest in eating possibly. If we take him out into the basking light 10-20 min later he goes right back into the shaded corner. The temps in the sun are 100-105. His diet consists of romaine lettuce, the bearded dragon balls, and 5 or so crickets every couple or days. Its also difficult to get him to go to the bathroom, he does not go in his cage, he only usually goes when we give him a warm bath. Any ideas?

LittleHerpNerd

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i would say that its just because of the time of year. getting into winter. how many hours of light does he have a day?
xxx

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i would possibly think brumation which is a kind of bearded dragon hibernation but it could also be a chance of parasites since both things have similar symptoms...i wouldnt worry about him not pooping in his cage...mine prefer to go in the tub as welll which should be fine since a good bathing schedule for them is every 3-4 days...also just a suggestion...romaine lettuce, while the better of the lettuces it still holds little to no nutritional value...theres many more greens available that are much better and cheaper for your dragon...and as far as commercial food for reptiles...i stay away from them other than for a possible treat or salad topper...most of the companies out there making these things are mainly in it for the money and i feel that there hasnt been a long enough study done on the food and its effects on the reptiles just yet...u cant beat fresh food anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.