• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Improving enclosure

LizardGuru

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 75 gallon tank and I really want to make some major upgrades to his enclosure. I really want a long uv-b headlamp and possibly a new basking lamp UV lamp but I just need some tips on what you think I should do somewhere I should buy my products..

Attachments

• 16350506520998426864885997143534.jpg
    16350506520998426864885997143534.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 75 gallon tank and I really want to make some major upgrades to his enclosure. I really want a long uv-b headlamp and possibly a new basking lamp UV lamp but I just need some tips on what you think I should do somewhere I should buy my products..
You need a good bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 for adult dragon --- examples are Exo Terra Intense basking bulb I use this one the most often but you can find others as well Arcadia sells basking bulbs -- it is trial and error w/ wattage -- make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get that basking temp place on the spot where the dragon basks wait 10 min or so get the temp -- I recommend two of those one for the cool side of the tank should be 80's or so --- UVB--- a 24" fixture is good for a 75-120 gallon tank you do not want it the full length as he will hide from the UVB rays -- he needs to be able to sit out in his tank and not under those rays if he does not want to - dragons know when they need the rays --- examples of UVB's
24" fixture Zoo Med w/'a Repstiun 10.0 T5 bulb www.pangeareptiles.com
24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a Arcadia 12% bulb this fixture is hard to find at the moment everyone seems to be sold out
24" Sunblaster Nano Tech this fixture comes w/ a bulb - https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjA0In0=
if you need more help please ask

LizardGuru

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need a good bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 for adult dragon --- examples are Exo Terra Intense basking bulb I use this one the most often but you can find others as well Arcadia sells basking bulbs -- it is trial and error w/ wattage -- make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get that basking temp place on the spot where the dragon basks wait 10 min or so get the temp -- I recommend two of those one for the cool side of the tank should be 80's or so --- UVB--- a 24" fixture is good for a 75-120 gallon tank you do not want it the full length as he will hide from the UVB rays -- he needs to be able to sit out in his tank and not under those rays if he does not want to - dragons know when they need the rays --- examples of UVB's
24" fixture Zoo Med w/'a Repstiun 10.0 T5 bulb www.pangeareptiles.com
24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a Arcadia 12% bulb this fixture is hard to find at the moment everyone seems to be sold out
24" Sunblaster Nano Tech this fixture comes w/ a bulb - https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjA0In0=
if you need more help please ask
Thank you so much I really appreciate everything I hope to make his home more comfy which I feel like it is now he's got a handmade big pillow to lay on and a blanket kind of like a homemade bed an awesome hammock and lots of things to hide and climb on but I really just want to change the uv-b setup I've got a brand new basking bulb in a dome and another place where the uv-b but it is a double Dome and I've heard they're not the best and I only want the best for my baby so I'm okay with the Basking for being in the dome picture but I really want a longer not coiled uv-b.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All of those links were really helpful also thank you again
All the links I posted for you are long tube fixtures -- when you get one please post back in here and I will help you get it set up in the tank