• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Impaction

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Struggling to poop-- maybe the vent is swollen- hasnt pooped in a long time-
That sounds like my beardie. The last time she pooped her anus swelled up. She hasn’t pooped in no less than a week. She hasn’t eaten in a week as well. I’m really worried.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That sounds like my beardie. The last time she pooped her anus swelled up. She hasn’t pooped in no less than a week. She hasn’t eaten in a week as well. I’m really worried.
Go over your lighting basking temps what are they and how are you taking them NO Stickons please- UVB? No COILS-- diet what are you feeding? Insects must be no bigger than the space between the eyes length wise--

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Struggling to poop-- maybe the vent is swollen- hasnt pooped in a long time-
That sounds like my beardie. The last time she pooped her anus swelled up. She hasn’t pooped in no less than a week. She hasn’t eaten in a few days as well. I’m really worried. My vet said she might be ovulating but not 100% sure yet.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Go over your lighting basking temps what are they and how are you taking them NO Stickons please- UVB? No COILS-- diet what are you feeding? Insects must be no bigger than the space between the eyes length wis
Thanks much. Sorry about my delay. Under the basking bulb it reads 100-102 using a Zoo Med thermometer. Using a ThermometerWorld thermometer on the floor center it reads 90. Not sure of the brand name of the 3rd one.
On the righthand side at the highest point it reads 88.
All the thermometers seem to be accurate.(below)

The last day or so she’s been digging a place to burrow under her hammock.
She hasn’t eaten yet. She just turns her nose up at food. The food she’s most recently eaten were crickets and bsfl measuring about 1/2” ea.
Sliced silk worms approx. 1/4” - 1/2”
I'm still trying blueberries, strawberries, and pumpkin still with no luck.
Between her eyes it measures approx. 1“ - 1 ’1/4”.
thanks again

77C92C3A-337B-48C2-B890-A8333511B6F9.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks much. Sorry about my delay. Under the basking bulb it reads 100-102 using a Zoo Med thermometer. Using a ThermometerWorld thermometer on the floor center it reads 90. Not sure of the brand name of the 3rd one.
On the righthand side at the highest point it reads 88.
All the thermometers seem to be accurate.

The last day or so she’s been digging a place to burrow under her hammock.
She hasn’t eaten yet. She just turns her nose up at food. The food she’s most recently eaten were crickets and bsfl measuring about 1/2” ea.
Sliced silk worms approx. 1/4” - 1/2”
I'm still trying blueberries, strawberries, and pumpkin still with no luck.
Between her eyes it measures approx. 1“ - 1 ’1/4”.
thanks again

View attachment 28644
As long as you have probes - how old is the dragon and it's female?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think I found the problem. I was checking under her hammock, it never even dawned to me to check under the hammock, and I found a missing thermometer covered in poop, where she was resting. Any help would be more than great.thanks much.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think I found the problem. I was checking under her hammock, it never even dawned to me to check under the hammock, and I found a missing thermometer covered in poop, where she was resting. Any help would be more than great.thanks much.
Is it a female and is she doing a lot of digging? Has she ever laid eggs?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My vet said to give it a week or two to determine whether or not if she’s ovulating. One of her last poops was really watery but that was, at least, a week ago. She burrowed all the way to the floor of the terrarium
Here‘s a pic of her latest poop. It’s not eggs.Is it?
07644BEF-0990-4AAC-8F2E-E67853AAF6DE.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My vet said to give it a week or two to determine whether or not if she’s ovulating. One of her last poops was really watery but that was, at least, a week ago. She burrowed all the way to the floor of the terrarium
Here‘s a pic of her latest poop. It’s not eggs.Is it?
View attachment 28646
They will be actual eggs- she needs a dig box - I will post some stuff for one tomorrow but she may be gravid- w/ her digging all the way to the bottom --What are you feeding -

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was feeding her crickets, bsfl, silk worms, strawberries, blueberries, the occasional butterworm , the occasional superworm. But she only ate like a half teaspoon of pumpkin in the last 1-2 weeks. I think I’ve come to the conclusion that my beardie doesn’t like fruits or veggies. But ill keep on trying.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was feeding her crickets, bsfl, silk worms, strawberries, blueberries, the occasional butterworm , the occasional superworm. But she only ate like a half teaspoon of pumpkin in the last 1-2 weeks. I think I’ve come to the conclusion that my beardie doesn’t like fruits or veggies. But ill keep on trying.
Take a couple of drops of olive oil and a drop or two of honey - mix it w/ some water and you may haft to syringe feed her but I am thinking she may be gravid - here is some ideas of lay box material
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water.
You can put this in her tank or a big tote w/ her basking bulb over her like clamped on to the side - but make sure you get a basking temp over that lay box - put her in it and see what she does I have asked someone whos experienced w/ egg laying and pooping I want to see what they say about the poop

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is ther response I got from another person that is pretty familiar w/ issues like your having

Yeah, the combination of strange poo and the dragon digging sounds like she may be gravid.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This is ther response I got from another person that is pretty familiar w/ issues like your having

Yeah, the combination of strange poo and the dragon digging sounds like she may be gravid.
But what about her pretty much laying in poop? Isn’t thee some kinda illness from being in contact with poop or possibly ingesting poop? Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
But what about her pretty much laying in poop? Isn’t thee some kinda illness from being in contact with poop or possibly ingesting poop? Thanks
You need to clean her up as soon as you find the poop - that is a good way yellow fungus starts- I would change out the substrate to something that cleans up good like textured NON adhesive shelf liner-- or slated ceramic tile- I don't know what your using now but those would be good options

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I finally made it to the hardware store and got some ceramic tile. I’m removing the soil,sand,moss mixture. I’m doing a sort of makeover of my terrarium. With the tile it’s going to be much more sanitary. Easier to do poop removal. Is this tile okay? Thanks
EA43AB55-1481-4FA8-8EE7-291D2FBFAA3D.jpeg

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I finally made it to the hardware store and got some ceramic tile. I’m removing the soil,sand,moss mixture. I’m doing a sort of makeover of my terrarium. With the tile it’s going to be much more sanitary. Easier to do poop removal. Is this tile okay? Thanks
View attachment 28708