• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Impaction or eggs?

Eric776

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie red has been acting really weird lately she’s been clawing at her basking rock inside. She’s been surfing a lot and I haven’t seen her poop in a couple days. I felt her belly and she has lumps inside they kind of feel like eggs but it also could be lumps of feces stuck in her tracts. I don’t think she is old enough for eggs I think she’s about 8-9 months. I’ve tried giving her a warm bath and lightly massage her belly towards the flap, I even gave her a tiny bit of olive oil. She tried pushing out but only a little came out. She’s not showing the usual signs of impaction like lethargy, she has actually been more active than usual, and her back legs work just fine she moves around pretty well. She hasn’t eaten in a few days Which is very unlike her usually she goes crazy when I feed her. Has anyone encountered something like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my beardie red has been acting really weird lately she’s been clawing at her basking rock inside. She’s been surfing a lot and I haven’t seen her poop in a couple days. I felt her belly and she has lumps inside they kind of feel like eggs but it also could be lumps of feces stuck in her tracts. I don’t think she is old enough for eggs I think she’s about 8-9 months. I’ve tried giving her a warm bath and lightly massage her belly towards the flap, I even gave her a tiny bit of olive oil. She tried pushing out but only a little came out. She’s not showing the usual signs of impaction like lethargy, she has actually been more active than usual, and her back legs work just fine she moves around pretty well. She hasn’t eaten in a few days Which is very unlike her usually she goes crazy when I feed her. Has anyone encountered something like this?
I have some one who can help you w/ this

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have some one who can help you w/ this
Here is what she said
How long have you had her ? Since you're not really sure of the age it is possible that she is developing eggs, even if she is a little less than a year old. She's quite chubby so that adds to the possibility of her having eggs. It's good to have a laybox just in case, you can look up directions on Youtube for making one.

Eric776

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is what she said
How long have you had her ? Since you're not really sure of the age it is possible that she is developing eggs, even if she is a little less than a year old. She's quite chubby so that adds to the possibility of her having eggs. It's good to have a laybox just in case, you can look up directions on Youtube for making one.

Eric776

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve had her since June 4th I’ll post a picture of how big she was she definitely wasn’t a Hatcher but I’m not sure how many months she was I guess I should have asked. She very well could be preparing to lay eggs she got very chunky all of the sudden I put her on a small diet thinking I was feeding her too much but I noticed the weight didn’t change much then I felt the lumps in her belly. I’ll look up some videos on a lay box I’ll put one in her cage just in case

Attachments

• 4DDE8DC2-8C62-451C-8C36-0A6981418DF8.png
    4DDE8DC2-8C62-451C-8C36-0A6981418DF8.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve had her since June 4th I’ll post a picture of how big she was she definitely wasn’t a Hatcher but I’m not sure how many months she was I guess I should have asked. She very well could be preparing to lay eggs she got very chunky all of the sudden I put her on a small diet thinking I was feeding her too much but I noticed the weight didn’t change much then I felt the lumps in her belly. I’ll look up some videos on a lay box I’ll put one in her cage just in case
She was pretty small in June, might have been 2-4 months old, maybe 5 if she was a slow grower before you got her but that's unlikely. She could be carrying eggs this young or might just be so well fed that she's gone off her appetite for a bit as some do. What and how much was she eating ? For now just watch + wait.

Eric776

Bearded Dragon Egg
i was giving her about 8-10 medium to large Dubias a day, I started giving a pinkie every other week and I filled her bowl up everyday with fresh veggies, I’m just hoping that the lumps in her belly are eggs

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i was giving her about 8-10 medium to large Dubias a day, I started giving a pinkie every other week and I filled her bowl up everyday with fresh veggies, I’m just hoping that the lumps in her belly are eggs
That's a lot of food, lol, so it would be good to cut back . You don't want her to get gout from all that protein. Well, just wait + see if she lays, otherwise it might just be that she's been stuffed and is taking a break on her own

Eric776

Bearded Dragon Egg
yeah when I looked back on it it was quite a bit I did start holding back to about 4 a day and only 1 live feeding a day she is really stubborn with greens so i always have her bowl full with greens she pecks at them throughout the day I’ll stick to that diet for awhile it’s hard to find good information on feeding them online alot of people say different things lol

Eric776

Bearded Dragon Egg
Update:
I made her a lay box and she started digging right away and laid 19 eggs, she’s happy and eating again thanks for the help!

Attachments

• D3A4DA9B-E10D-4EB6-8F3D-FB7EEB2AC570.jpeg
    D3A4DA9B-E10D-4EB6-8F3D-FB7EEB2AC570.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update:
I made her a lay box and she started digging right away and laid 19 eggs, she’s happy and eating again thanks for the help!
O.K,. that was quick, she wasn't messing around ! Crazy to think that she was a baby in June ! Glad to hear that everything went well. :)