• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

IMMEDIATELY! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I MIGHT GET SALMONELLA

OnlyHereForMyFriends

Bearded Dragon Egg
SORRY FOR RUSH POST BUT IT IS LATE AND IM CURRENTLY PANICING I HANDLED MY FRIENDS BEARDED DRAGON AND I ATE SOME FOOD AFTER AND I DIDNT WASH MY HANDS UNTIL I GOT HOME WILL I BE OKAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU

MerithD

Bearded Dragon Egg
SORRY FOR RUSH POST BUT IT IS LATE AND IM CURRENTLY PANICING I HANDLED MY FRIENDS BEARDED DRAGON AND I ATE SOME FOOD AFTER AND I DIDNT WASH MY HANDS UNTIL I GOT HOME WILL I BE OKAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU
So first dont forget to breathe. If you ever went swimming in a pond ate an undercooked egg or had a picnic you could get salmonella. You most probably will not get salmonella from this time but if you do it will likely cause a stomach ache and mild diarhea. Its important to wash your hands but forgetting occasionally will be a huge problem.

Bad Decision

Hatchling Dragon
Ya, that’s not going to happen, I have a bearded dragon and handle her every day with out washing my hands afterward, I don’t have salmonella, and I don’t think you will either.

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
I know this is an old thread, but just for future reference unless you’re running your hands through land reptile poop you’ll be fine. The only time you really really do need to wash your hands before you touch food or your face is after handling aquatic reptiles as they are much more susceptible to carrying salmonella. Or again, as I said, if you touch any reptiles poop. Hope this helps!