• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm out of ideas

Craig2317

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm hoping someone has some suggestions because I'm out of ideas. My nine month or so beardie is constantly climbing the glass and butting it with her head. This is totally new behavior for her over the last two weeks or so. It's always on the same side of the tank and she's also pooping every day now instead of the once every three days or so that she used to. At first she was shedding like crazy so I thought she was just uncomfortable as she would go to her basking spot or lizard lounger for a while, then back to climbing the glass but she's no longer shedding and still doing it. Her appetite is fine, still eating crickets, mealworms and kale. She's in a 40 gallon tank with the temperatures being about 83 on the cool side and 97 in her basking spot. Any suggestions? Here's the setup

Attachments

• IMG_20220308_122533320.jpg
    IMG_20220308_122533320.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm hoping someone has some suggestions because I'm out of ideas. My nine month or so beardie is constantly climbing the glass and butting it with her head. This is totally new behavior for her over the last two weeks or so. It's always on the same side of the tank and she's also pooping every day now instead of the once every three days or so that she used to. At first she was shedding like crazy so I thought she was just uncomfortable as she would go to her basking spot or lizard lounger for a while, then back to climbing the glass but she's no longer shedding and still doing it. Her appetite is fine, still eating crickets, mealworms and kale. She's in a 40 gallon tank with the temperatures being about 83 on the cool side and 97 in her basking spot. Any suggestions? Here's the setup
It sounds like she has outgrown her tank --- if you get her out and let her run for like 2 hours see if that will help the glass surfing- I would get 2 digital probe thermometers if your getting the temps w/ the stick ons they are inaccurate and you will need them for the hammock - IR guns do not work on hammocks - the UVB is it on a screen or is it unobstructed ? I cant tell the pic is blurry --

Craig2317

Bearded Dragon Egg
It sounds like she has outgrown her tank --- if you get her out and let her run for like 2 hours see if that will help the glass surfing- I would get 2 digital probe thermometers if your getting the temps w/ the stick ons they are inaccurate and you will need them for the hammock - IR guns do not work on hammocks - the UVB is it on a screen or is it unobstructed ? I cant tell the pic is blurry --
Unobstructed. I'm using a digital probe thermometer, the one on the side of the tank is a remnant from when I didn't know better.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unobstructed. I'm using a digital probe thermometer, the one on the side of the tank is a remnant from when I didn't know better.
And her behavior after you put her back in the tank ? It could be a burst of spring fever - how old is the UVB bulb? I would look at upgrading the tank - your UVB will go right into the new one if its a T 5 --

Love.my.Loki

Hatchling Dragon
Don't feel comfortable enough to really answer questions because I'm still learning myself and dont want to give bad/wrong advice. Plus it sounds like she already answered your question. On another note though, I was just curious do you have something she can comfortably fit in and use as a hide? Or can I not see the whole enclosure in this picture?