• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im dealing with pin worms

Snappy's mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I saw a ball of worms next to my beardie's poop this morning. I've researched and found the panacur, and I've found your dosage charts here... thank you. Now my problem is how to administer...
We got our beardie as about a 2 month old from a local pet store at Christmas... but "Rex the Snappy dragon", Snappy for short... has never been a typical dragon, it's going into may... and I'm just now able to handle him without stressing him out too much.
My question is how do I get him to open his mouth, to take the medicine? Please & thank you so much, in advance

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I saw a ball of worms next to my beardie's poop this morning. I've researched and found the panacur, and I've found your dosage charts here... thank you. Now my problem is how to administer...
We got our beardie as about a 2 month old from a local pet store at Christmas... but "Rex the Snappy dragon", Snappy for short... has never been a typical dragon, it's going into may... and I'm just now able to handle him without stressing him out too much.
My question is how do I get him to open his mouth, to take the medicine? Please & thank you so much, in advance
I would take a fecal into the vet to have it tested for what kind of parasite it is - there are two different kinds of meds given to dragons to take care of the parasite the other is albon which is pretty harsh on the stomachs - you would minister the med buy syringe -- but to be sure your giving the correct med a vet is going to haft to tell you that - you can always drop a fecal off and have it tested

Snappy's mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would take a fecal into the vet to have it tested for what kind of parasite it is - there are two different kinds of meds given to dragons to take care of the parasite the other is albon which is pretty harsh on the stomachs - you would minister the med buy syringe -- but to be sure your giving the correct med a vet is going to haft to tell you that - you can always drop a fecal off and have it tested
Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Snappy has an appt thursday
Please do not let them do an enema on snappy- they tend to not end well- please take a fecal w/ you - if you need him to poop feed him some plain canned pumpkin w/ 2 drops of olive oil a a drop of honey- that will make him poop

Snappy's mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please do not let them do an enema on snappy- they tend to not end well- please take a fecal w/ you - if you need him to poop feed him some plain canned pumpkin w/ 2 drops of olive oil a a drop of honey- that will make him poop
They didn't do that , thank God, poor snappy was full of parasites and worms tho. . And she tried to bite anyone she could , they all got a kick out of her... she's a mess. But we got two different kinds of oral meds to deal with... lol, that's gonna b fun. And p.s. she's really mad at me now!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They didn't do that , thank God, poor snappy was full of parasites and worms tho. . And she tried to bite anyone she could , they all got a kick out of her... she's a mess. But we got two different kinds of oral meds to deal with... lol, that's gonna b fun. And p.s. she's really mad at me now!
Yes that happens they dont like people messing w/ them - you named her a good name Snappy- make sure you keep her hydrated - meds will dry her out and her appetite may decrease as well -- you can drop water on her nose or syringe feed her but my guess she wont take the water being shes getting the meds that way - if she will drink from the bath water do it that way but make sure she does not aspirate -- they can drink to fast and then it doesnt go down the right way -- her poops will tell you if shed dried out - the dark poop should be firm and moist and the urate white formed and moist if its dry and chalky shes dehydrated

Snappy's mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes that happens they dont like people messing w/ them - you named her a good name Snappy- make sure you keep her hydrated - meds will dry her out and her appetite may decrease as well -- you can drop water on her nose or syringe feed her but my guess she wont take the water being shes getting the meds that way - if she will drink from the bath water do it that way but make sure she does not aspirate -- they can drink to fast and then it doesnt go down the right way -- her poops will tell you if shed dried out - the dark poop should be firm and moist and the urate white formed and moist if its dry and chalky shes dehydrated
Good to know, thanks so much... I was really glad I took the advice and sprang for the doc also... I learned a few things
Cool, good info... and I really appreciate it. I was glad that I took the advice and sprang for the doc, I learned a couple things from her too. Snappy, does drink water on her own, but she is showing signs of a decreased appetite, so I'll be sure to watch her water intake... I noticed at the docs that she does need a bath, I'm just waiting till she calms down a little. When I came home n told everyone she was a she, got the biggest kick... with her attitude, we should have known,
She's chilling now

Attachments

• 20220506_160716.jpg
    20220506_160716.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good to know, thanks so much... I was really glad I took the advice and sprang for the doc also... I learned a few things

Cool, good info... and I really appreciate it. I was glad that I took the advice and sprang for the doc, I learned a couple things from her too. Snappy, does drink water on her own, but she is showing signs of a decreased appetite, so I'll be sure to watch her water intake... I noticed at the docs that she does need a bath, I'm just waiting till she calms down a little. When I came home n told everyone she was a she, got the biggest kick... with her attitude, we should have known,
She's chilling now
And I see she is shedding too - which will effect the attitude and the diet -- they can go off their food w/ the shedding and be a crab ass too :) -- When her scales get dry and crackly you can either mist her in the tank or bath take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush her that will take the loose stuff off --