• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm an Idiot

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I gave water out of a glass dropper, thinking it was safe and she bit off the tip. I'm such an idiot and a bad mommy!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Bad look comes in threes. :( poor thing dnt blame urself accidents happen all the time. All u can do is learn from it :) dnt beat urself up :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately, she swallowed it. I'm giving her Extra Virgin Olive Oil mixed with unsweetened apple sauce. I understand from others that this is a common thing for beardies to do. So be careful to use plastic, even tho they can bite that off too. I will treat her for at least 3 days with this and then see if it comes out on its own. I hope it was safety glass. I would hate to think that they would mfgr anything that isn't if it says medicine dropper.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yikes! Hope she's ok!...on another note, don't be so hard on yourself. I almost cooked my Beardie, and about drown my water dragon. Ugh the trials and tribulations of keeping reptiles! You should be proud of all the care you've taken with her :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am proud about taking care of her. She passed a urate after running around and glass dancing..

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh good!! She probably wouldn't have made it anywhere else. Lots of hard work...I enjoy reading about her progress.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm hoping the glass either digested or has already passed. She had a big poo this morning after eating prunes.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Someone I wrote to on another site said it'd take three days to pass. So I'll wait and give her the Applesauce and EVOO for another few days.

Soensew

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've just bought Isabelle a waterfall to encourage her to drink. She loves it.
uploadfromtaptalk1398889110113.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I've just bought Isabelle a waterfall to encourage her to drink. She loves it. View attachment 8353
I wudnt emcourage that if i was u nit unless u change the water every day it will becone stagment after 12 hours, not gud for her little belly :) but looks gud tho does that not mess with ur humidity?

Soensew

Bearded Dragon Egg
I do regularly change the water. Her tank is pretty huge to be honest so it does really effect the humidity. Since getting it I've noticed she's been a lot chirpier as she can drink when she wants and not wait till we finger dripped water on her nose. (She always had fresh water in her bowl but ignored it.)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I think it looks lovely i was thinkin of gettin 1 for Diego. N Boris but thought it wud.mess with humidity. As long as u change the water every day n ur humidity fine then its a great idea coz they dnt drink still water thats y i dnt get it wen ppl put a dish of water in the viv.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think Dexter may want one! I had her on the kitchen floor yesterday and we have a fountain for the cats and she was watching the cat drink out of it and just staring at it with bright eyes. I put her by it, but the bowl is a little too high for her to get her head into.

colin

Hatchling Dragon
Oh I was also afraid to get a fountain due to the humidity, I will look into obtaining a little one and try it out..

Will also purchase a humidity monitor and keep an eye on it...