• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm a Bearded Grandma!

tawannapc

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently walked in my house to discover the plot between my husband and 11-year-old daughter... I'm going to be a dragon granny! Immediately ,things have clicked that I will be taking on the responsibility of "Uzi" and decided to join. I have a panther chameleon of my own and tried to show no fear. Please help I need a crash course and hope to learn from everyone .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hello :) welcome to the forum, congratulations on being a lizard granma, can you please go over your setup (lighting, tank size, diet) lighting is the most important thing for a baby (if you have a “coil uvb” bulb that needs to get replaced ASAP) they hurt beardies eyes and offer little to no uvb/uva (no night time bulbs or colored bulbs) only che: ceramic heat emiters are okay for night time, right now for diet its best the baby is getting (crickets, roaches, Black soldier fly larva) these bugs are the best for overallness and easy to digest for baby, please stay away from meal/superworms till hes atleast 6-8 months old, all bugs should be dusted about 3 times a week to every other day(except bsfl these come calcium enriched) he definitely should be getting introduced to salads as early as he can, if you have any questions please do ask we’ll do our best to answer :)

tawannapc

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello :) welcome to the forum, congratulations on being a lizard granma, can you please go over your setup (lighting, tank size, diet) lighting is the most important thing for a baby (if you have a “coil uvb” bulb that needs to get replaced ASAP) they hurt beardies eyes and offer little to no uvb/uva (no night time bulbs or colored bulbs) only che: ceramic heat emiters are okay for night time, right now for diet its best the baby is getting (crickets, roaches, Black soldier fly larva) these bugs are the best for overallness and easy to digest for baby, please stay away from meal/superworms till hes atleast 6-8 months old, all bugs should be dusted about 3 times a week to every other day(except bsfl these come calcium enriched) he definitely should be getting introduced to salads as early as he can, if you have any questions please do ask we’ll do our best to answer :)
40 gal front opening tank
Lights is 100 watt bulb basking
UVB 26w / 10. 0
image.jpg

When you say coil ; is this what your asking ?
We do have ceramic emitter but also live in Louisiana so not cold enough for snow !
but sleep at night temp 68-70 F
Food :
we have started him on 10 crickets (baby)
and 3 worms - in which we will stop
... will pick up greens this evening
Also , we we informed to dust crickets everyday with calcium?‍♀️

Also , he started shedding today .
wieght 0.2 oz

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
40 gal front opening tank
Lights is 100 watt bulb basking
UVB 26w / 10. 0
When you say coil ; is this what your asking ?
We do have ceramic emitter but also live in Louisiana so not cold enough for snow !
but sleep at night temp 68-70 F
Food :
we have started him on 10 crickets (baby)
and 3 worms - in which we will stop
... will pick up greens this evening
Also , we we informed to dust crickets everyday with calcium?‍♀️

Also , he started shedding today .
wieght 0.2 oz
Yea thats what im talking about , alot of unreliable pet shops push those as good bulbs(they’re not), unfortunately those uvb coil bulbs are very bad for beardies, they cause eye problems and offer little to no uvb, if he’s closing one eye exclusively thats the start of it, I recommend getting a long uvb fixture, you can get one from pangea.com look for a fixture that will span 60% of the enclosure (you want the lizard to be able to escape the light if they so choose) theres zoomed brand and those come with a bulb.