• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help

beerdluvr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys,
I just got a bearded dragon, and i know that their husbandry is identical to chameleons. How ever mine doesn't seem to be thriving. He keeps farting? Can they even fart??! He seems to be..giving his self pleasure a lot. I know this is a little weird but I really need help.

thanks,
beerdluvr

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Their husbandry couldnt be more different then a chameleon..... That's like night and day shows that you have not even done a lick of research

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys,
I just got a bearded dragon, and i know that their husbandry is identical to chameleons. How ever mine doesn't seem to be thriving. He keeps farting? Can they even fart??! He seems to be..giving his self pleasure a lot. I know this is a little weird but I really need help.

thanks,
beerdluvr
So it sounds like the dragon might have a upset stomach --- mine farts when he poops -- what are you feeding the dragon? UVB should be a tube fixture NO coils --- and basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby and 95-110 for a juvie adult dragon --- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- is the stools real runny?

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
sorry but i dont listen to people who use the wrong than..
Alert I dont help retards. I use the speech to text feature alot
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1613684162989_6768281939567977165.jpeg
aye let me know when you acquire some common sense and can teach people something other than ignorance. This is the internet you think I really care about the guy saying beardies and chameleons have similar husbandry thinks? You wouldn't even understand half of the care techniques even if i wrote you you a bible would go right over your head think I care if I got all my spelling correct to a nobody Here's a reality check your a nobody and I'm not gonnacare about a typical who cant even engage in an advancing conversation on anything .✌

beerdluvr

Bearded Dragon Egg
So it sounds like the dragon might have a upset stomach --- mine farts when he poops -- what are you feeding the dragon? UVB should be a tube fixture NO coils --- and basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby and 95-110 for a juvie adult dragon --- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- is the stools real runny?
I feed him crickets thought sometimes i kill them beofre hand so its easier on me. The poop is really runny, its like my diarrhoea when I'm on my period!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I feed him crickets thought sometimes i kill them beofre hand so its easier on me. The poop is really runny, its like my diarrhoea when I'm on my period!
Ok so the crickets I would feed live but really watch how many you put in the tank -- keep count as they hide and come out at nite and will bite the dragon --- you dont want that they can cause infection -- next he needs salads every day
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
hes got a nice tank -- what are you using for a UVB? I can see one but I cant tell what it is-- brand and bulb please and is it inside the tank ? Runny poop can be a sign of parasites -- but we need to first rule out basking temps and your UVB -- how old is it?

beerdluvr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alert I dont help retards. I use the speech to text feature alot View attachment 26044aye let me know when you acquire some common sense and can teach people something other than ignorance
I am honestly hoping at this point that you are 4 year old boy who doesn't know what the r slur is. The fact that you can say that slur bewilders me ( in case you are unaware of what that means search it up, it seems to advanced for you) you are so ignorant. The meaning behind that word in highly offensive. Imagine having a health issue that you cant control and are being constantly yelled the r slur. Saying this word goes to show you privilege. Please search up the definition of this word before you use it. Knowing people with down syndrome who are called this absolutley tears my heart, and I can just imagine the damage that seeing that word thrown around does to her.

beerdluvr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so the crickets I would feed live but really watch how many you put in the tank -- keep count as they hide and come out at nite and will bite the dragon --- you dont want that they can cause infection -- next he needs salads every day
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
hes got a nice tank -- what are you using for a UVB? I can see one but I cant tell what it is-- brand and bulb please and is it inside the tank ? Runny poop can be a sign of parasites -- but we need to first rule out basking temps and your UVB -- how old is it?
I didnt attach a picture of my tank.

beerdluvr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alert I dont help retards. I use the speech to text feature alot View attachment 26044aye let me know when you acquire some common sense and can teach people something other than ignorance. This is the internet you think I really care about the guy saying beardies and chameleons have similar husbandry thinks? You wouldn't even understand half of the care techniques even if i wrote you you a bible would go right over your head think I care if I got all my spelling correct to a nobody Here's a reality check your a nobody and I'm not gonnacare about a typical who cant even engage in an advancing conversation on anything .✌
gonna care**

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am honestly hoping at this point that you are 4 year old boy who doesn't know what the r slur is. The fact that you can say that slur bewilders me ( in case you are unaware of what that means search it up, it seems to advanced for you) you are so ignorant. The meaning behind that word in highly offensive. Imagine having a health issue that you cant control and are being constantly yelled the r slur. Saying this word goes to show you privilege. Please search up the definition of this word before you use it. Knowing people with down syndrome who are called this absolutley tears my heart, and I can just imagine the damage that seeing that word thrown around does to her.
Are*
gonna care**
Too you caught that I missed a space smart boy! your learning .... lmao I didnt know this was a phonics class Sounds like I may have struck a nerve get over it if that's the roughest ir most upsetting thing to make your heart bleed then **** off your the privileged one theirs actually sickos out here but your crying about a word grow up that Karen Card doesn't work on someone with common sense I know what the word retard means I'm not talking about those who have mental or physical incapcaties I wasnt talking about them that's what you think if when someone says retard I think if someone like you who just says ass nine **** all the time . The handicap and and the retard are two different people you are an idiot retard no common sense not handicapped there something to get insensitive about. Know people with down syndrome so you get offended when someone uses the word retard ... so so you think of them as retards and think of them in distress when someone says that word. People with down syndrome arent retarded you are I've known people with autism and down syndrome you are just lacking of any commonality of senses

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im here for the animals . You came here with nonsense called me stupid practically for giving you some real life common sense that chameleons and beardies are way different in husbandry to an extent that what you said was indeed retarded. I don't care about you or your feelings I care about the animals welfare who doesn't have a voice to speak up I will for them for people like you who have absolutely no clue what their doing and is unknowingly neglecting animals becuase you lack the ability to fo alittle research and act mostly on impulse that's exactly what you do in social settings 0 impulse control and you try to some witty or smart but you like a real idiot and a douche and nobody likes that since you know it all then learn it all by yourself . Someone had to set you down this isn't how this community is we are friendly and wont help someone like you as they see what you do when other people have tried to engage and see you just act like a child . Dont even bother replying cause I'm putting you on mute

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well!...... 0_0 ,can u post some pictures of your setup? , beardies and chameleons are so different, there from two very different lizard families, a cham needs a jungle , whereas a beardie would need a desert oasis, very different, can u tell us all that you’re doing to care for ur beardie? Cause if ur treating ur beardie like a chameleon and giving him high humidity misting system , a fully vented tank, and nothing but climbing vines , that’ll be why hes not thriveing

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also a misting system is going to give him a RI --- humidity in the tank should NOT be over 70% and not below 20%

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
This is a place to learn about beardies. You can't learn if you aren't willing to accept any kind of criticism or acknowledge that your bearded dragon's setup might need to be improved.

As Skybug said, beardies and chameleons are almost polar opposites. Chams need high-humidity environments while beardies need their enclosures to be hot and dry and can suffer from health issues if kept in a setup designed for chameleons. It sounds like you were misinformed by whoever or whatever you got your care information from.

What are your enclosure humidity and temperature readings, and how do you take them? What are you using for a substrate?

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
We don't interact this way here on this Forum. If you can't be polite to each other I'm going to delete this whole thread and put you both on report.

And regarding the diarrhea comment - sheesh! Did we really need to see that description?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes why don’t we all take a moment to breath, it doesn’t matter who started it or who’s at fault the point it’s finished. Everyone here is here to help beardies not have childish rights. So to get back on the subject matter at hand my you please send in a picture of your set up as well as your beardie. While sadly everyone here is correct chameleons and beardies are very different. You can even see that by looking at where they come from. Chameleon are native to the rainforest of Africa and are primarily tree dwellers while bearded dragons are native to the lowlands of Australia and can usually be found running around on the ground instead of trees. Chameleons are also insectivorous while bearded dragons are basically herbivores that primarily should eat salads and have bugs no more than 3 times a week if they are an adult. The diarrhoea is also concerning, if it has a strong foul like smell it could indicate parasite and you should bring them to the vet right away to get tested and treated.