• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help VERY worried for my Br

Rangothedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I'm new to this forum but I've been very worried for my dragon Rango recently. Rango is about 1 year old and I have owned him for around 3 or 4 months. When I first got him he was very normal. He ate ok, had a good pooping schedule, and a good sleeping schedule. Recently over the past month or so he has been acting very strange. He is eating little to none at all every piece of food we give him in his bowl is completely ignored and all he wants to do is bask,sleep, or chill in his hiding spots. I have recently been informed of brumatation. Recently it has been cold in my city and I was wondering if this id brumatation or just intestinal problems or parasites or other problems. His energy levels have decreased very little, he is still very attentive and likes to climb but there definitely had been a decrease of energy when i take him out of his cage. This is my first beardie ever so I am extremely worried

Diet:
Superworms
Variety of greens ( collard greens, turnip greens, cabbage, kale)
Carrots
Blueberries
Grapes

Substrate:
Sand mixed with organic soil

Extra details:
Bathed twice a week
He has become very skinny
Taken outside once a week
A male
Has one huge hiding spot
Has a huge a food bowl high of the ground due to fear of swallowing dirt
Was not given the proper attention needed from prevouis owners
IMG_20181125_190637.jpg
IMG_20181122_185343.jpg
IMG_20181125_190637.jpg
IMG_20181129_173031.jpg
IMG_20181129_173031.jpg

NorbertTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't have any personal experience with brumation, but that sounds like it. If you have any concerns though I would take him to an exotic vet. Also, personally I would take him off the sand/soil substrate. It's good that you try and keep it high up, but beardies are always sticking their tongues to everything. That's how they learn about their environment. Does he eat his worms? Have you tried crickets or dubia roaches? Temperatures and uvb?

Rangothedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't have any personal experience with brumation, but that sounds like it. If you have any concerns though I would take him to an exotic vet. Also, personally I would take him off the sand/soil substrate. It's good that you try and keep it high up, but beardies are always sticking their tongues to everything. That's how they learn about their environment. Does he eat his worms? Have you tried crickets or dubia roaches? Temperatures and uvb?

He devours all worms I put in front of him, I tried crickets the first month but honestly I think he was scared of them he would try to get as far away from them as possible . Tempatures at basking are 90 and on the other side of the tank is 85

Attachments

• 15435357346691620584623.jpg
    15435357346691620584623.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 8

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You need to up his basking temps. They need to be around 107 degrees. Also get him a proper UVB tube bulb, the compact bulbs don't put out enough UVB coverage. Not having the right UVB and the right temps, would cause him not to eat. A vet visit and a fecal would be good too. You said that he is around a year old, that is still a little too young for brumation. I would change the bulbs and see what happens, I bet he will perk right up.