• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i need advice (acting like he's scared of me)

gusthedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have had my bearded dragon for about 6 months now and i hand feed him and take him out of his cage everyday for atleast 30 minutes but he always try’s to run away from me during the day and hisses out me whenever i put my hand in his cage yet he will still sleep on me and by me with no issue does anyone have any advice for why he could still be acting like he’s scared of me

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have had my bearded dragon for about 6 months now and i hand feed him and take him out of his cage everyday for atleast 30 minutes but he always try’s to run away from me during the day and hisses out me whenever i put my hand in his cage yet he will still sleep on me and by me with no issue does anyone have any advice for why he could still be acting like he’s scared of me
Hes still adjusting -- does he have stress marks? He needed time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings before getting him out to run- hand taming is good right off the start in the tank and slowly holding him in the tank - I would give him a break and back up and start w/ the getting used to his tank and surroundings - feeding treat worms like super worms horn worms or even a staple worm like silk by hand can build trust -- I would place a fleece blanket or piece of clothing in the tank in his hide w/ your scent on it so he gets used to your scent -- are you using a good UVB like a long tube fixture ? Coils are not any good and will cause health issues-- a good solid clear bright white basking bulb needs to be used for heat --- NO off colored off white or bulbs that say Day bulbs those are not good as well --

gusthedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hes still adjusting -- does he have stress marks? He needed time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings before getting him out to run- hand taming is good right off the start in the tank and slowly holding him in the tank - I would give him a break and back up and start w/ the getting used to his tank and surroundings - feeding treat worms like super worms horn worms or even a staple worm like silk by hand can build trust -- I would place a fleece blanket or piece of clothing in the tank in his hide w/ your scent on it so he gets used to your scent -- are you using a good UVB like a long tube fixture ? Coils are not any good and will cause health issues-- a good solid clear bright white basking bulb needs to be used for heat --- NO off colored off white or bulbs that say Day bulbs those are not good as well --
i have a shirt in his cage and he rarely gets stress marks i also use a tube uvb and the right bulbs i also feed him worms but hand and roaches but i do not give him crickets

gusthedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have a shirt in his cage and he rarely gets stress marks i also use a tube uvb and the right bulbs i also feed him worms but hand and roaches but i do not give him crickets
i also waited 1 month to pick him up because that is what i was told to do when i did my research and he did not let me hold his or even put my hand in the cage till about 1 week after that also he is 7 months old now

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok well keep working w/ him -- some dragons take longer to adjust but as long as everything is up to par in the tank w/ your surface basking temps and UVB he will adjust quicker -- give him some time but those things I mentioned are crucial ---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok well keep working w/ him -- some dragons take longer to adjust but as long as everything is up to par in the tank w/ your surface basking temps and UVB he will adjust quicker -- give him some time but those things I mentioned are crucial ---
How are things going w/ your dragon?