• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I lost Dexter for a few minutes. Heart attack!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I let Dex out this afternoon to roam. He found a huge sun spot on the living room rug and seemed content to laze there and bask. As the fe-lion was in my office and Ozbone was in my son’s room, I figured he was fine there for a bit and went back to my office to work. About 10 minutes later I went out to check on him and he was gone. I mean, I checked all his usual hang outs and couldn’t find him. Panic set in and I started the frantic search. Under the couch, nope, under the chair, nope, kitchen, nope, under dining room table, nope, under plant stands, nope, did he wander far enough and go in the bathroom? Nope.

Holy snicker doodles! I had to take deep breaths and calm down. Kept calling to him and wiggled his worm container with no results. Now I know that bugger was somewhere, but where? Took another deep breath and went through the rooms again. Walked into my dining room and searched again in his usual spots (under the plant stands near the windows, under the table, under the baker’s rack, nope). Looked at the little stand beside the door and thought, “No he couldn’t fit under that. He’s too fat.” Looked anyway. Aha!

How he managed to get himself through the narrow gap between the decorative wooden front of the stand and the floor is beyond me. He’s a chunky one. Once he got through the gap the stand actually widens up so he could lay with his head raised. And there he was sprawled and content as could be looking at me. Not even caring that he scared the crap outta me. I had to pick the stand up and move it so I could get him. Lol Checked him over to make sure he didn’t hurt himself getting in there and scolded him while I put him back into his tank. He ignored me and made himself all comfortable on his basking rock and set to warming himself up. Little turd!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Dexter is such a character, he probably did do it on purpose just to freak you out lol, i hate it when steffern hides from me then i have to go on a lizard safari.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
OMG!! I'm so glad you found him but holy moly what a scare...
Yeah, it was a scare. Good news is that I knew he was there somewhere. There's no way for him to get out outside. It was a just a matter of where. 'Course I could have let the fe-lion out and he probably would have found him for me. hahahahaha Dex and Jango have a love-hate relationship. Dex drives the cat crazy and the cat just doesn't know what to do with him.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Dexter is such a character, he probably did do it on purpose just to freak you out lol, i hate it when steffern hides from me then i have to go on a lizard safari.
I'm thinking the little turd did do it on purpose. lol He never goes under there (how he fit is beyond me). There was nothing out in the area he was in that would have scared him under there either. And, when I found him he wasn't in distress. Just laying there sprawled with his head raised looking at me.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking the little turd did do it on purpose. lol He never goes under there (how he fit is beyond me). There was nothing out in the area he was in that would have scared him under there either. And, when I found him he wasn't in distress. Just laying there sprawled with his head raised looking at me.
You should get him a jingle bell!!!! Lol that’d be funny .....

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
IKR! Hey he's got wings on his harness, so why not. hahahaha Thinking a bell would be just the thing. He'd luv it too knowing it was driving the cat insane. hahahahahaha

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
IKR! Hey he's got wings on his harness, so why not. hahahaha Thinking a bell would be just the thing. He'd luv it too knowing it was driving the cat insane. hahahahahaha
I can picture it. The jingle, scurry, jingle, scurry driving the cat absolutely bonkers! If I didn't think putting a bell around him would actually not be a good idea I'd would do it just for the entertainment! hahahahahahahahaha

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I can picture it. The jingle, scurry, jingle, scurry driving the cat absolutely bonkers! If I didn't think putting a bell around him would actually not be a good idea I'd would do it just for the entertainment! hahahahahahahahaha
Ik , now that I mentioned it ima get one for my steffern :) now the problem, will she try and eat it? Probably...