• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I live at 2 houses and wondering if it will affect the bearded dragon

jackmarini

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a question about a bearded dragon. I don’t have one yet, but we are thinking of getting one. I have done a few hours of research and I have a question: I’m a teen that lives at 2 houses (my mom and dads) and I switch houses every week. So if I’m only with my bearded dragon for a week, and then away from it for a week, (it would stay with my mom and she would take care of it) will the dragon forget me and lose our bond? If so, and I got a terrarium for my dads house (under 2 mins away from my moms house) would the bearded dragon get stressed if I took it in the car and to another terrarium at my dads house?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a question about a bearded dragon. I don’t have one yet, but we are thinking of getting one. I have done a few hours of research and I have a question: I’m a teen that lives at 2 houses (my mom and dads) and I switch houses every week. So if I’m only with my bearded dragon for a week, and then away from it for a week, (it would stay with my mom and she would take care of it) will the dragon forget me and lose our bond? If so, and I got a terrarium for my dads house (under 2 mins away from my moms house) would the bearded dragon get stressed if I took it in the car and to another terrarium at my dads house?
NO u can’t have a dragon and leave him for a week!! R u insane???? They need their poop cleaned up rite away they get crazy after pooping they like it clean!! They can get viruses especially Coccidia which is horrible!!! They need to eat 3times a day with crickets and veggie/green bowl twice a day!! Adults 2times a day!!! Baths twice a week on lukewarm water for 15min minimum do not leave them alone and don’t get water in their ears!!! Plus they need UVB & Heat 12-14 Hours a Day!! NO coil bulbs, No black or red bulbs ever!!! Get the zoo mee basking white bulb and the Reptisun long tubular light 10.0 T5. You have no clue about dragon they will die not poop and not eat without proper lighting and care!! DONOT get one!!!

jackmarini

Bearded Dragon Egg
NO u can’t have a dragon and leave him for a week!! R u insane???? They need their poop cleaned up rite away they get crazy after pooping they like it clean!! They can get viruses especially Coccidia which is horrible!!! They need to eat 3times a day with crickets and veggie/green bowl twice a day!! Adults 2times a day!!! Baths twice a week on lukewarm water for 15min minimum do not leave them alone and don’t get water in their ears!!! Plus they need UVB & Heat 12-14 Hours a Day!! NO coil bulbs, No black or red bulbs ever!!! Get the zoo mee basking white bulb and the Reptisun long tubular light 10.0 T5. You have no clue about dragon they will die not poop and not eat without proper lighting and care!! DONOT get one!!!

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Did you read? My mom would take care of it when I’m not at her house
Did you read all that I wrote????! A lot to knwk about dragons!! U need a big cage u need the ZooMed basking bulb depends on the gallon size of your tank what wattage to buy!! U need to order the Reptisun 10.0 T5 long tubular light for UVb!! Google staple veggies and staple greens!! Diced small so he can eat them. NO COLORED BULBS OR COILED ONES WVER!! At night they like super dark!! Play meditation music during the day softly on Alexa!! They hate noise!! Clean poop ASAP!! Temps have to be 95-105 for an adult and a baby or juvenile under 2years old 105-110!!! Humidity 30-40 never higher than 40!! U need the ZooMed digital thermometer only is the one that works and set the pointer on the basking platform!! NO Sand for the flooring get smooth shelf liner from target or wallmart it’s awesoem!! A lot more to tell you!! It’s a lot of work your mom or u won’t bw able to handle it!! U need to buy calcium and lots of crickets daily and dust them in calcium. The Reptisun needs to be ordered on amazon!! So much more to say do not get one it’s a lot of wrk and u need to be able to turn on the lights and have 12-14 hours daily and take him out daily tonsit in the hot sun with you never leave him unattended!! A lot of work tho don’t do it

jackmarini

Bearded Dragon Egg
yes I know this stuff I have researched and know everything I need for the terrarium, I’m just wondering if the bearded dragon Is ok with having 2 different people taking care of it

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
don’t listen to that person!! i don’t have any experience with two people caring (my family is scared of my boy lol) but i don’t think it would affect him as long as he’s still getting attention and being handled. as a baby he may get stressed with transporting so frequently but when he’s older i think it would be okay to travel that short distance!

jackmarini

Bearded Dragon Egg
don’t listen to that person!! i don’t have any experience with two people caring (my family is scared of my boy lol) but i don’t think it would affect him as long as he’s still getting attention and being handled. as a baby he may get stressed with transporting so frequently but when he’s older i think it would be okay to travel that short distance!
Thanks I’ll make sure that if we get one it it properly taken care of when I’m gone

Haileym1990

Bearded Dragon Egg

She said her mum would look after it!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Not all beardys act the same in different situations from what I hear, but if it helps we have a friend who has a beautiful 6 year old girl who travels about 2-3x a year on a 5 hour drive from his state to ours. He's usually up here for about a week or two visiting his family then heads back with her. He has a tank set up in both locations and a travel case. It doesn't seem to bother Rochelle much. She's fat, healthy, and active the times I've seen and held her when she's here. He's had her since she was a baby. I think that after 6 years she's used to it and goes with the flow. It's not a every other week situation, though. More like 2-3x a year so I don't know if constant transitions would affect a beardy more. If you decide to adopt one, probably a better idea to prep mom to help out rather than disrupt him/her every other week. Also, being only a few miles away would enable you to get to him/her quickly if a situation did arise. I'm a new beardy mom and not in that situation so experts may know more about the transferring back and forth. I've discovered my new lil guy doesn't like change much, especially with his tank deco. I'm also discovering they require quite a bit of our your time, especially as babies. Good luck if you decide to adopt. :)

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, yes I think a bearded dragon would be fine living in two cages as long as the drive isn't too long, just make sure both cages are properly set up with all of the proper lighting and accessories. If you need any help feel free to ask questions!