• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have found my tribe!

CricketsMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am hapy to introduce myself, however I know we all came here for the dragon stories. So...this is Cricket, my juvenile (under 1) female BD. She was my 17y/o sons who just didnt have time and the money to spoil her. And just as he began telling me [that] he wanted to find her a better home, I saw her press her tiny little arms straight and push her upper body just as tall as as it could go, cock her head to the side and reveal that beardie smile! She had a twinkle in her eye and a spunk in her step as I quickly plunged my hand down into her 10 gal aquarium and she crawled up my arm and in to my life. No way was I going to miss out on raising this happy little girl!
She no longer lives in the small but cozy 10 gal tank that she could easily run around in at the time. She quickly grew, up and out and now resides in a 3ft (w) x 18in (d) x 16in (t) aquarium with (2)heat lights (1)uv a/b bulb and (1)ceramic heat lamp. Plus I placed a heat pad under the right back corner where she can squat down, flatten out and lay in the warm sand. She does that after she has gorged herself with fresh kale and her favorite orthropods.
That actually brings me to how she got her name. I had been feeding her a mix of sweet mini peppers, celery leaves, mealy worms and dragon food made by a popular brand, which is made especially for omnivores...until...I was on my way up to my daughters room after arriving home from the pet store where I purchased crickets for her tree frog when I stopped to say hi to my golden retriever, Boomer. I set the small clear cricket carrier down on top of the BD's cage, which by the way was named Shaq by my son who didnt know the gender. Shaq, now named Cricket lunged into the air and off her branch tword the bottom of the carrier, out came her clear, pinkish tounge and with a thud she landed in the sand and began pacing the length of the aquarium. Back and forth she went, staring down those crickets as if she hadnt eaten in weeks. So after getting permission from Bixby (google) I threw a couple of those jumping bugs into her food dish. She was excited, and immediately begged for more by standing up on all fours and looking up at me. I imagined her saying to me like Oliver Twist, "thank you, mom can I have some more?" And thats how she got her new name, Cricket. I had already knew she was a female from doing research and was going to call her shaquilla, however Cricket just fit.
Thanks for allowing me to introduce her to the group. I look forward to getting to know all of the dragons and of course all of you dragon moms and dads as well. Have a great day!

Attachments

• 16313033356011720638355369586846.jpg
    16313033356011720638355369586846.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3