• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I cant remove poop on his foot (Got hard already) please help.

Ricsanity'

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello guys, my beardy stepped on his poop. I didnr notice it immediately and now it got stuck and I cannot remove it anymore. Would this be a major problem? Or would it be removed with his skin when he sheds? If anyone encountered this what did you guys do? Thank you in advance. Photos attached.

Attachments

• 20201022_223828.jpg
    20201022_223828.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • 20201022_223819.jpg
    20201022_223819.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 20201022_223824.jpg
    20201022_223824.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello guys, my beardy stepped on his poop. I didnr notice it immediately and now it got stuck and I cannot remove it anymore. Would this be a major problem? Or would it be removed with his skin when he sheds? If anyone encountered this what did you guys do? Thank you in advance. Photos attached.
You can try soaking it in warm water then take a baby toothbrush and gently scrub it off --

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Pure coconut oil works pretty well to get poop, grease, etc. off of small animals, just make sure you wash it off afterwards.

Ricsanity'

Bearded Dragon Egg
Do I put the oil in a basin and soak his foot or just drop some on his foot? Sorry my first time. Thanks!

Ricsanity'

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can try soaking it in warm water then take a baby toothbrush and gently scrub it off --
Thanks sadie! What if I still cant remove it because he does not like me to touch his hind foot that much. Would it cause any major problems?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I just use a washcloth, pick up the foot (or hold the animal in place if I'm cleaning a gland/pore) and scrub. If it's between the toes, cotton swabs also work.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
If he doesn't like you touching his foot, distract him with a plate of his favorite foods and do it in stages so he doesn't get too impatient or stressed.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks sadie! What if I still cant remove it because he does not like me to touch his hind foot that much. Would it cause any major problems?
Your sure it's poop right? The soaking should loosen it I would think- try as best as you can -

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
I would soak him in warm water, say 15 mins, n it should come off. Maybe use a SOFT toothbrush or Qtip while he’s in the water. It has to soak till it gets soft again, LOL. Hope this helps.

Ricsanity'

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would soak him in warm water, say 15 mins, n it should come off. Maybe use a SOFT toothbrush or Qtip while he’s in the water. It has to soak till it gets soft again, LOL. Hope this helps.
It was gone after she shed at that part. Lol haha thanks guys!! I just need to be quick and attentive whenever she poo. Hahaha