• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I am a new owner and I'm looking for some help

Boomerandme

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got a Bearded Dragon last Sunday and was wondering if I could get some help because my Bearded Dragon isn't eating and is sleeping a lot? It's a baby

Gerald Smith

Hatchling Dragon
I’m a new owner as well so I can’t say with any certainty what the issue could be. But from what I’ve read you should make sure your lighting and temperature are correct. It needs to have a basking lamp that will give it a spot that’s at 100-110F degrees. I’ve read some different temp ranges please check with someone more experienced. Also it should never get cooler than 65F. There’s something called brumating which is something was similar to hibernation when they sleep for a long time. I need to read more on this topic myself. I hope this helps a lot little and good luck!

Boomerandme

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've read on Brumation too and I'm not sure if that's what it is or if it is the lighting and temperature but the temperature looks to be around 105 to 110 Degrees normally i just don't know If I'm doing something wrong or if is Brumation.

Gerald Smith

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I wish I was more knowledgeable. I have only had mine for 3 days. I’ve read people mistake brumation for sickness and the other way around. I wish I could be more helpful.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Brumation is unlikely with a baby. When you say the temp is 105-110 do you mean at the basking surface? That's a good basking area temp, but the air temps otherwise should range from about 95 on the warm end to 80 or so on the cooler end during the day, and can drop to about 70-75 (no lower than 65) at night. Do you also have a good UVB tube light? If those things are all good and he's not dehydrated, he may just be adjusting to the move.