• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I live right next to the Mississippi river so understandably humidity is very high. In my room the gauge usually reads around 60 percent without misting. Is this too high? If it is what should I do to reduce humidity?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
More air circulation I would think... However... 40% is the recommended... Not sure if the "feel good care sheet" is the end all be all... You know ?

I would feel that if there are no issues present currently, then perhaps this isn't such an issue.. Watch, make notes, observe. If a problem arises, then this can be dealt with.
Hope this helps.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I live on the FL coast were most days you can drink the air and the humidity in my vivs stay about 50-55 and I have never had an issue with mine. I do not mist my 2 unless they are shedding b/c their humidity is already so high in their vivs. But as Janie said just keep an eye on things and if something should start looking strange some adjustments can be made.