• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity level

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, my humidity level is 51%. How do I get it down to the 40% range. Any dehumidifier in mind that will suffice? Any you've had success with? My terrarium is a biotank.Thanks

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, my humidity level is 51%. How do I get it down to the 40% range. Any dehumidifier in mind that will suffice? Any you've had success with? My terrarium is a biotank.Thanks
I deal with high humidity quite often, but have no experience with a bio tank. I'm not sure how that would affect the tanks humidity. To keep humidity down I hide rice bags around his enclosure. I also run a small humidifier (I use a small one that cost bout $25) beside his tank and will sometimes run a fan near (not blowing on) his tank to circulate the air a bit leaving one of his front doors slightly ajar. 'Course when I do this I have to be on constant vigil so he doesn't try to escape. lol Also, I found that to quickly get the humidity down I can run a hair dryer around the inside of his tank for a bit which will decrease the humidity quickly. Make sure your temps are back to normal before putting beardie back in if you try this as it increases the tank temps quite a bit, too. Not sure the hair dryer is a good idea with a bio tank though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hoping someone with a bio tank can offer advice.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Any opinions on the Mesa Safe dehumidifier
Im really liking how it could mount to the ceiling of the terrarium.
peace
That is a safe dehumidifier, as in gun safe dehumidifier. It's went to keep water from the humidity from settling on your guns or anything else in your safe. You probably could use it, but I'd go for a dehumidifier meant for a terrarium or something of the sort.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Also 50% is not that bad, if you want you could set a baking soda package, like the ones that go in your freezer, next to the tank, if you have an open spot to sit next to. That would absorb a good amount of humidity. You could, if you're crafty enough, build some kind of stand your bearded dragon could stand on, like a basking stand, and have a door on it and put a baking soda box inside it. That way your bearded dragon couldn't eat it, and it would destroy that humidity. But you don't want to take the humidity down too much, as it could make your bearded dragon uncomfortable.