• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Human medication....

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Has anyone had experience with beardies ingesting human meds? Not even the vet knows what to expect.Iam flushing him with water and hes eating like crazy. I guess my son dropped his vyvanse on the floor this morning..I heard a crunch and looked over, he broke the capsule im not sure if he ingested any.. Now I have a beardie on speed... All I can do is watch him, force feed water, and keep him super warm. Just looking for some peace of mind if any.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
well, i think you are doing the right things. Keeping him hydrated and warm to keep his metabolism up, if he did ingest any, hopefully it will pass through his system in due course. I think you would have noticed any bad adverse effects by now, so just keep doing what you're doing

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So far he is his normal self. Good colour, eating and drinking lol i guess he didn't ingest much or amphetamines are metabolized different. Could you imagine a dragon on speed?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's good to have an emergency kit on hand for accidents. One thing to have is activated charcoal for if they ingest something that is toxic.

Glad he is okay

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Good idea .never thought of that. I do have activated charcoal lol just never thought of it