• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HUGE Lump On Belly

Amore

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my bearded dragon (Buddy) has a huge lump on his/her stomach. I don't know why I haven't noticed it, or maybe it just slips from my eyes, but it's pretty big. And well, I'm very worried because I can't take him/her to the vet because I can't cover the expenses at the moment... But I don't want it to get worse :( So, I mean, can anybody help me figure out what it is?
20180911_202300.jpg
20180911_202243.jpg
20180911_202222.jpg
20180911_202300.jpg

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, that definately looks like a cyst or a tumor, its not something that you can treat yourself. I know its not what you want to hear, but you will have to tighten your belt and save to get that treated as soon as possible. The longer its left the worse it will probably get and the harder it will be to treat. Bear in mind the word tumor does not necessarily mean cancer, that is the worst case scenario. Find a good reptile vet and discuss it and your concerns with them on the phone, there may be a way to spread payments or something.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree. Need to get it looked at by a vet. Sometimes vets accept things like CareCredit or Lending Tree. Look around and make sure you find a vet that is an exotic vet, don't waste your money by going to a regular vet.

Amore

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, that definately looks like a cyst or a tumor, its not something that you can treat yourself. I know its not what you want to hear, but you will have to tighten your belt and save to get that treated as soon as possible. The longer its left the worse it will probably get and the harder it will be to treat. Bear in mind the word tumor does not necessarily mean cancer, that is the worst case scenario. Find a good reptile vet and discuss it and your concerns with them on the phone, there may be a way to spread payments or something.

Thank you for responding, and I managed to get a little help from my family. Some people said it's an abscess, so I'm hoping it can get removed.

Amore

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree. Need to get it looked at by a vet. Sometimes vets accept things like CareCredit or Lending Tree. Look around and make sure you find a vet that is an exotic vet, don't waste your money by going to a regular vet.

Ah thanks for that! I'll definitely look into the type of vet and find ways to get that money support!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Keep us updated, I'd like to know what it is too.

SPACEBALLS

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes! I'll try to keep you guys updated!!
Hi Amore! I was just wondering if you could update us on what this was? I just found the same thing on my bearded dragon this morning and I’m very worried. Already made an appointment at the vet but she can’t get in until 1/5/22 and I’m not sure if I should bring her elsewhere sooner. Eating and pooping normally. Little bit of a watery poop. But otherwise normal. Thanks so much!