• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to switch beardie from 70/30 to 30/70 softly?

Rwtf8

Hatchling Dragon
Hello there,
There are so many information that baby dragons' ration should be 70/30 (Insects/Vegetables) and old ones vice-versa 30/70.
But what about mid-age?
My Randy is 7-8 months old, so is it ok start a soft transfer with like...60/40, 50/50 month by month
I feed him with 10 dubia roaches on mornings and 10 on lunch, plus he has salat/vegies all the time. I tried to feed him 5x2 roaches today and he's veeeery hungry :) keeps staring at me non stop for more food)))
Just wanted to know how to achieve "final goal" of 30/70 with no harm

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello there,
There are so many information that baby dragons' ration should be 70/30 (Insects/Vegetables) and old ones vice-versa 30/70.
But what about mid-age?
My Randy is 7-8 months old, so is it ok start a soft transfer with like...60/40, 50/50 month by month
I feed him with 10 dubia roaches on mornings and 10 on lunch, plus he has salat/vegies all the time. I tried to feed him 5x2 roaches today and he's veeeery hungry :) keeps staring at me non stop for more food)))
Just wanted to know how to achieve "final goal" of 30/70 with no harm
Keep feeding the 80% dubias till hes around a year then fade them out to 2 - 3 times per week --- hes too young yet to start w/ the 20% dubias and 80% salads --- offer worms as well -- supers horn butter and meal worms --- you can feed them like 2-3 times per week -- feed like 1-3 of them