• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to help stress when shedding?

Gabe (LimeSoda)

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I'm pretty new to keeping a beardie and was wondering how I can help my dragon be less stressed when shedding? In the past week he's been wall surfing while shedding on his back and this is one of the only times I've seen him stressed (the other time was when he was really young and scared of my cat but he's gotten used to him.) I've tried extra bathing time but a while after he gets out he wall surfs again and keeps itching. Since he's done with the shed on his back, is there anything I can do in the future to help it be easier for him? Thanks in advance!

Gabe (LimeSoda)

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just keep misting in him and giving baths -- you can take a soft tooth brush and brush the shed in that bath water and it will remove the shed --- do not pick at it ---- what size tank do you have him in and what is the lighting your using --------------- please NO coils --- they are killers ---
He is in an 80 gallon tank with a 100 watt basking lamp and ubv, at night he has a 75 watt red light. This is his tank which I am cleaning tomorrow.
image0.jpg

Gabe (LimeSoda)

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pleae get rid of the red light ---- they are harmful to the eyes and they disrupt their sleep and the reg can cause long term eye damage ----------------- if you need the extra heat get a ceramic heat emitter -- they produce only heat and NO light -- you will need a dome w/ a ceramic socket - you can order them off Amazon - I would get a 100 watt bulb - I have one on each of my 120 gallon tanks and it keeps them around 70 or so during the winter - I have not been using them for that last couple of weeks as my tanks have not been falling below 65 at nite ---dragons like it dark and cool to sleep -- their metabolism slows at nite so they sleep better -------------- the UVB is all in one -- I am thinking that is not enough UVB --- I would compliment that all in one w/ a Reptisun 10.0 TUBE T 5 bulb ----- if your basking temps are good I would get the extra UVB ---- you will need a fixture w/ a reflector ---- I would get a 24"
I’ll look online for a ceramic, thank you for letting me know!