• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to Bearded Dragon Proof your House?

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
New to the Bearded Dragon Forum and was wondering what most of you do to house proof for your beloved Pet to roam for extra Excerize. Zach is 5 months old and doing Great but I want him to roam more. Thankyou for your Responces.

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Once again Thankyou so very much for the Quick Reponse Kaylynagel. He is doing Great and I am learning his likes and dislikes. lol. I have had him for 9 days now and he doesnt like Spinach, Brocculi,. I got him some Mustard Greens and Kale today and will try that tomorrow am. OMG he loves Squash on his collard green and also lets me feed it to him.

LJZONUM

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 6 month old. He hates pooping in his enclosure and will scratch at the door to get out when he needs to go. Luckily I have a large bathroom with a heated floor ... I dust mop to be sure there isn’t anything bad for him to eat, close the door to the toilet room and then let him run around the bathroom area until he does his business.
Other times, if I’m pretty darn sure he doesn’t need to poop, I’ll take him out to just to hang with me. If he decides he doesn’t want to actually stay with me, then I just make sure all my bedroom doors (in/out, toilet, closet) are closed and then let him explore for a while. The only place I would have difficulty getting him out from would be underneath my bed. If that ever happens, I figure I’ll entice him out with some food :)

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou very much for the Great Advice, LJZONUM,and Kayly. I will not do it at all rt now. I try and get him out 2 to 3 times a day and just sit with me. I have turned on the TV for him during the day now just to get him more socialized with other voices but still make sure that I talk to him alot at different times throughout the day. Hope all of that is good?

LJZONUM

Bearded Dragon Egg
I can’t see how it could be bad. Just so long as you give your dragon quiet and darkness when it’s their sleeping time (late evening and through the night). My dragon was originally my daughters pet, but she’s an up all night kinda person and the poor beardie’s health was being effected by the hours my daughter keeps.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Thankyou very much for the Great Advice, LJZONUM,and Kayly. I will not do it at all rt now. I try and get him out 2 to 3 times a day and just sit with me. I have turned on the TV for him during the day now just to get him more socialized with other voices but still make sure that I talk to him alot at different times throughout the day. Hope all of that is good?
I have a small portable analog radio that works with an appliance timer (digital ones don't), and I put it on the same timer as his UVB, which has worked well for that. :0)

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
Hello JumpinJellyfish, omg thats what I did its also on a timer to come on and off along with his lights. So far is working out Great. 12 hours on then 12 hours off. Eating his Greens and Squash and his poops are normal. So Happy that he is doing so well. Will keep all posted on his progress. End of January he will be 6 months old.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Hello JumpinJellyfish, omg thats what I did its also on a timer to come on and off along with his lights. So far is working out Great. 12 hours on then 12 hours off. Eating his Greens and Squash and his poops are normal. So Happy that he is doing so well. Will keep all posted on his progress. End of January he will be 6 months old.
Hooray!!! Glad he's doing well! :0)