• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how old is too old

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
how do you know when a dragon is too old for breeding when dose every body retire thier beardies

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
very good question. I'm not sure but I know some of our members who are breeders can weigh in on this

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some Retire them in 3 years some 4or 5 it depends on your preference, If you are trying to be a breader then it can depend on production or the health of the dragon I have a female now that is 4 years old and will not stop laying she has had 6 clutches and we have tried everything to stop her but she is very health and her weight does not drop .She will be seeing a vet soon.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
thats awesome some dragons can live to be 15 3 or 4 years seems to be such a short time of thier life how long do they breed until in the wild

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have not seen a 15 year old dragon.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yea i heard some peoples last to be that old but most only go to 10 years so i should retire breeders at 4 and depending on thier health 5? and the males too or can they do it longer

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
I know of a few breeders who are still breeding 5 and 6 year old beardies. Depends on individual health and if they can still produce.