• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How old do you think my beardie is?

Ryan&isis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all I’ve had pancake (my dragon) for ab 2 and a half months when he was purchased I was not told an age so how old do you think he is based on the picture below
D0EA3E5A-504E-4F30-A58B-61576B53F1D0.jpeg

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey dolls beardies are usually easy to age when they’re under a year and a half old due to the fact that it’s by measurement. Here’s a website that has a chart for aging a beardie according to their length. You can also age them by weight too if anything. https://oddlycutepets.com/bearded-dragon-age/
Hope this helps and he’s such a cute beardie I love his colour

Ryan&isis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you sm!!! Also while your here is my bearded dragon breathing normal when he breathes he puffs his beard but not all the way if that makes sense like 3 4 times in a row through out the whole day or he will puff out air to where you can hear it or he takes very deep breaths to where the sides of his mouth open he’s been doing it for ab 3 weeks I took him to the vet ab 2 weeks ago and they said his lungs sounded perfectly fine and they were happy with how he looks and seems but yet he hasn’t stopped and I’m starting to worry. I wish I could post of vid of him doing it instead of trying to describe it.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you sm!!! Also while your here is my bearded dragon breathing normal when he breathes he puffs his beard but not all the way if that makes sense like 3 4 times in a row through out the whole day or he will puff out air to where you can hear it or he takes very deep breaths to where the sides of his mouth open he’s been doing it for ab 3 weeks I took him to the vet ab 2 weeks ago and they said his lungs sounded perfectly fine and they were happy with how he looks and seems but yet he hasn’t stopped and I’m starting to worry. I wish I could post of vid of him doing it instead of trying to describe it.
Can I ask does it almost look like he’s croaking like a frog or using his beard like a paper bag?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yup I have an oldie who does that all the time so don’t worry I know how scary it can look you’re not the only one. That could be one of 2 things your beardie is trying to catch his breath though that is usually seen in older beardies. If he does it after running a lot or after quick movements than likely it’s still that. Or he could be trying to cool himself down quicker by expelling air out of him faster. There’s no need to be worried, my other beardie starts off his morning everyday doing that I feel like it’s almost a yawn or beard stretch for him. I feel like that sounds ridiculous but to me it kinda makes sense for him . If it gets worse or he’s having more difficulty breathing than you can get worried because it could be a respiratory infection. And here’s a link of symptoms for it. https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/bearded-dragons-diseases
Hope I was able to calm your nerves