• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much water?

Marc4

Hatchling Dragon
I'm wondering how much water should they get a day? I read somewhere they can have to much (is that true?) so I'm wondering if theres a general guideline here? I have a 2ish year old boy who I've had about a week and a half now.
I use a medicine dropper and put drops of water over his salad, he gets crickets every other day at the moment and I've tried putting drops of water on his nose and until today he did nothing but today he licked up quite a bit of water off his nose.
Ive never seen him drink from his bowl and he wont drink in a bath either.

Thank you

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You don't need a water dish in the tank as many don't recognize standing water, some may or may not drink from the bath both of mine do. They get all the moisture they need from the live food and greens/veggies that they eat.

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
I'm wondering how much water should they get a day? I read somewhere they can have to much (is that true?) so I'm wondering if theres a general guideline here? I have a 2ish year old boy who I've had about a week and a half now.
I use a medicine dropper and put drops of water over his salad, he gets crickets every other day at the moment and I've tried putting drops of water on his nose and until today he did nothing but today he licked up quite a bit of water off his nose.
Ive never seen him drink from his bowl and he wont drink in a bath either.

Thank you

Try a syringe with some water and drip it over their nose! Sometimes it takes a few min but they’ll start licking at it if they’re thirsty. I have to do that with mine because he won’t drink in the bath. I offer it everyday but he’ll normally drink every few days! Hope that helps!

Marc4

Hatchling Dragon
Try a syringe with some water and drip it over their nose! Sometimes it takes a few min but they’ll start licking at it if they’re thirsty. I have to do that with mine because he won’t drink in the bath. Hope that helps!
I have done that and he drinks sometimes I was just wondering if you can give them to much water?

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
I have done that and he drinks sometimes I was just wondering if you can give them to much water?

I give him water until he stops drinking, that’s usually half of the syringe or a bit more. I don’t offer more in the same day! I doubt they’ll drink more if they’ve already had some.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I give him water until he stops drinking, that’s usually half of the syringe or a bit more. I don’t offer more in the same day! I doubt they’ll drink more if they’ve already had some.

I do the same thing, I let them drink until they don't want anymore and I only give them water once a day. The only time I try to give them water is if they don't drink in their bath or they aren't eating.

My oldest girl aspirates if she tries to drink in the bath or if I drip water on her nose when she's in the bath. Luckily for me she likes to eat, and she loves soft bodied worms so she gets her water through her food.