• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many crickets to feed

MotherOfDragonz

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie is 5 months old

We’ve been giving him a salad of kale in the morning (we’ve tried many different fruits and he’s not having it) and the 10-15 crickets at night. It’s like he is still starving after the crickets. He finishes them within seconds.

Should he be eating more? We tried but loading ... suggestions?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Gutloading the crickets is a good idea at all times but yes, you should try to give him as many as he'll est in a 10-15 minute period (but don't leave any in enclosure with him after). You could also try other insects for some variety: BSFL, silkworms, hornworms every so often, dubia or discoid (or other legal) roaches are all good options. For greens, try adding mustard or turnip greens. They don't need a lot of fruit, but maybe try some different veggies added in. There's an excellent nutrition chart on beautifuldragons.com/nutrition that may help with ideas for variety.

TorQueSS

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie is 5 months old

We’ve been giving him a salad of kale in the morning (we’ve tried many different fruits and he’s not having it) and the 10-15 crickets at night. It’s like he is still starving after the crickets. He finishes them within seconds.

Should he be eating more? We tried but loading ... suggestions?

Kale reduces the calcium intake, I’d switch him to almost any other greens (except spinach) and peas/carrots, squash. I agree about feeding a variety of bugs too, roaches, superworms, all gut loaded with vitamins and calcium dusted, and some horn worms (when he’s big enough) and butter worms just as treats