• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how im feeding my new baby

amygeee

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i put around 25 small-medium sized crickets every other day
i have put lettuce in about twice (NOT iceberg)
and i have given her meal worms once (she had probably eaten around 30)

any suggestions?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you keeping the crickets in there or are you removing them after your dragon fills up?

Not sure what kind of lettuce you are using. Lettuce doesn't have much nutritional value for beardies. Some greens would be collard greens, mustard greens, bok choy. And some veggies are butternut squash, peppers, summer squash, red cabbage.

Here's the link to general care again. Scroll down to Feeding....
Bearded Dragon Care

amygeee

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i just leave the crickets in there until they are gone and i thought she would eat them
when she wanted. i am hearing that this isn't correct, but i need some advice on how to handle crickets.
when i try to keep them in a seperate cage they never last, and i'm forced to guy crickets almost everyday!

help?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If there is only a few at the end of the day I dont sweat getting them out. Just put in roughly what your pooper will eat in a 10 t0 15 min period start small and keep adding till you have a rough idea.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i keep my crickets in a 10 gallon fishtank. i feed them baby cereal greens and fruits and veggies. they've got a egg carton to hide in and they last pretty good

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I personally never leave crix in a tank with my beardie. This is why i feed all of mine (to include my hatchlings once they start eating) in a seperate bin. The crickets can and normally do literally chew on your dragon at night. My male Dr. Evil has two scars one on his side and one on his back leg due to the family that kept him for me while i was deployed leaving crickets in his tank with him over night. Getting a simple large critter keeper or a rubbermaid container is the easiest way to keep them. And as for feeding, you can get a rubbermaid container 10-20 gallon will be more than big enough to feed your dragon in. This will garuntee you will not be leaving crix in the tank overnight.

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi if your bearded dragon is only young i would surguest you feed him/her everyday 3 times a day as much as it will eat in 10 minutes. I own a 4 month old bearded dragon and she gets feed 3 times a day as much as she will eat in 10 minutes, She is 8 inches long and weighs 29 grams. I'm feeding her medium crickets she only eats about 12 to 15 a day. People say do not feed a insect bigger then the space between there eyes well Safiras space between her eyes are 1 and half cms long and shes taking down 2cm crickets with ease. As long as your enclosure is set up right and the heating is correct they can handle a bit bigger insect then the space between there eyes. My girl is pooing one to twice a day,is very active and packing on the weight now. When i was feeding her small crickets that weren't even a cm long she was eating alot of them to fill her up plus she wasn't gaining weight to well. When i first got her she weighed 11 grams took her 5 weeks to get to 19 grams.On the 17th of july she weighed 27 grams, 20th of july she weighed 29 grams so shes gained 2 grams in just 2 days. I found the small crickets didn't have much meat on them so in turn she was working more weight off then putting weight on. My girl is very active so needs alot of meat to keep her going which she wasn't geting from the small crickets. Now since on medium crickets shes gaining weight and growing faster then she was on small crickets.

Latest posts