• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How i get my beardie to drink water trick.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok so i have this trick i have started using to get my beardie to drink water. I just want feedback to make sure it isnt dangerous.

What i do is fill up her water bowl and drop one of the dubia roaches in the bowl. My beardie then tries to get it but gets a mouthful of water instead. I dont do this for every roach just a few.

So i just want to know if this is ok?

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've fed mine minnows and she is interested in the water but mine drinks standing water cause I offer it thats all you have to do is offer it and they'll do the rest. I use to use a water fountain inside my enclosure humility was always fine etc but my viv is huge only reason I removed it cause those waterfalls require a lot of cleaning

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just spray your veggies with water not only will they last longer in the tank but when ate thy will get more then enough water intake no need to drop dubias in a water bowl

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so i have this trick i have started using to get my beardie to drink water. I just want feedback to make sure it isnt dangerous.

What i do is fill up her water bowl and drop one of the dubia roaches in the bowl. My beardie then tries to get it but gets a mouthful of water instead. I dont do this for every roach just a few.

So i just want to know if this is ok?
Nah nothing wrong with that. Typically for them to drink standing water...it's something learned at a young age like mine did. They can't see standing water but if they step in it...they know it's there lol.