• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pearmxn

Bearded Dragon Egg
my bearded dragon is around a year old, and i’ve begun feeding him salads more frequently; his salads mainly consists of collard, mustard, and turnip greens with yellow squash and occasional carrots. he’s not picky at all and eats it all with no issue. however today he pooped for the first time since feeding him these salads and his poop isn’t solid and is essentially just diarrhea. so i’m wondering if i’m feeding him too many greens?? i added a small amount of romaine lettuce to his salad last night for the first time so perhaps this is the cause but i’m not sure. i’m aware this could also be parasites, but he seems to be perfectly fine.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my bearded dragon is around a year old, and i’ve begun feeding him salads more frequently; his salads mainly consists of collard, mustard, and turnip greens with yellow squash and occasional carrots. he’s not picky at all and eats it all with no issue. however today he pooped for the first time since feeding him these salads and his poop isn’t solid and is essentially just diarrhea. so i’m wondering if i’m feeding him too many greens?? i added a small amount of romaine lettuce to his salad last night for the first time so perhaps this is the cause but i’m not sure. i’m aware this could also be parasites, but he seems to be perfectly fine.
What is the insect staple feeder? carrots have a lot of hydration so it could be those --- quit feeding those see if the poop solids up--- also parasites would cause runny stools -- stink to high heaven -- if they are really bad they will cause lethargic behavior -- your greens would not cause runny stools like that -- too much squash as well but cut the carrots first --- if its still runny after a few feedings cut the squash --- process of elimination
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

Latest posts