• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How can I get the cooler side warmer?

VinceG123

Hatchling Dragon
i have a 30 gallon for a juvenile bearded dragon. His basking spot is at 100 and is perfect but the cooler side is in the low 70's how can I get the temperature higher on the cool side?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have a 30 gallon for a juvenile bearded dragon. His basking spot is at 100 and is perfect but the cooler side is in the low 70's how can I get the temperature higher on the cool side?

I wouldn't change the temp on the cool side as that's a good temp as they need about a 20 degree difference so that they can let their body "re set"

VinceG123

Hatchling Dragon
I wouldn't change the temp on the cool side as that's a good temp as they need about a 20 degree difference so that they can let their body "re set"
Oh ok then. It's actually hitting the high 70's now and even 80 so everything is all good now.