• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hornworm for beardies

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone,

So I just bought 5 little hornworms to treat my beardie with. I do t want to give all 5 to him right away so I bought a little holder for them. I know you can feed them tomatoes, but was told not to if feeding to a beardie. Can they eat cabbage as that’s what I feed my lil guy.

Thanks everyone for ur time ☺️☺️☺️

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Most hornworms come with food already in their container. Did yours not? Also, cabbage isnt a great staple for a beardie. This site gives lots of items and how often to feed them:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
They did this time but most times no they don’t include food. As for the cabbage, it’s the only other thing I find he eats other than romaine lettuce. I give him calcium loaded crickets and multivitamins. From my understanding cabbage is better than romaine. If I’m wrong please let me know lol.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Romaine isn't good, either. Ideal are the greens: mustard, collards, turnip, dandelion...

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I’m going to have to shop around. The store I go to doesn’t have those. They have watercress but according to that list, that’s not good to give all the time either.

Thanks for the feedback ☺️

Letreze

Bearded Dragon Egg
When I buy hornworms they come with food in container. I leave them in there for about a week and they grow to 10 times there size or more. Then I feed one a night until gone.... my dragon loves loves loves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk