• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hood lighting

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry for the horrible pic but this tank was given to me as a secondary cage (possible confinement for my injured BD and/or travel cage) the hood has 2 light sockets opposite each other. Are these ok for lighting or would you just put a basking and uvb on top? My biggest concern is they don't really overlap and that's important. So I'm trying to understand why this would even be made if it isn't what's needed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry for the horrible pic but this tank was given to me as a secondary cage (possible confinement for my injured BD and/or travel cage) the hood has 2 light sockets opposite each other. Are these ok for lighting or would you just put a basking and uvb on top? My biggest concern is they don't really overlap and that's important. So I'm trying to understand why this would even be made if it isn't what's needed.

No picture?? We think the same about the double fixtures but then again the stores get money so they really don't care what is good and what isn't good.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
No picture?? We think the same about the double fixtures but then again the stores get money so they really don't care what is good and what isn't good.
Dang, my brain must be on vacation. Here's the pic. So better to send money on a t10 uvb that I can run along the top then?
3d12dc8987c0a675477c4e7eb2c569fb.jpg

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you use the small tank as confinement, could you just put the small tank inside your viv and use the lights you already have? after all it will only be temporary (not sure how long soft tissue damage takes to heal), will save you a lot of $ buying new fixtures

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
If you use the small tank as confinement, could you just put the small tank inside your viv and use the lights you already have? after all it will only be temporary (not sure how long soft tissue damage takes to heal), will save you a lot of $ buying new fixtures
Not a bad idea. I could just turn up the basking light to get the right temps. That'll give me some time to get a travel cage ready

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ideally getting the T5 HO fixture with 10.0 bulb would be best overall..