• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Home for two?

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I always see babies houses with multiples. In the event that I were to get a second. Would I be ok to house the new baby with Rami for a few months until I get my own place in feb?

Granted that the new guy has a clean bill of health?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No. They are territorial and can attack one another. Even innocent things like one laying on the other is a sign of dominance. If your tank is big enough, you can put a divider in and separate them, but then you would have to make sure the UVB and basking light provides for both sides of the tank.

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No. They are territorial and can attack one another. Even innocent things like one laying on the other is a sign of dominance. If your tank is big enough, you can put a divider in and separate them, but then you would have to make sure the UVB and basking light provides for both sides of the tank.
Wow I had no idea! I have a 40 gal breeder. The uvb runs the entire tank. It would just be the heat that's the issue. I still can't get the cool side of the tank lower than 79 80. So adding another heat source will only cook them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A 40g would be too small to divide for 2. You'd be better off getting a 2nd 40g for the other dragon.

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A 40g would be too small to divide for 2. You'd be better off getting a 2nd 40g for the other dragon.
Yeah, I'll just hold off till later. I'm planning on moving in February. If I bring one more tank home my parents will kick me out