• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hip shimmying?

Dana Reinert

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is about one year old, vet said she is all healthy! However I was caught off guard yesterday because she started shimmying in her hips, and kind of rubbing her hips against the floor, kind of in a thrusting motion. She does not seem uncomfortable she does it quite repetitively. I’m so confused by this behavior! Can anyone provide some insight?!

Scout

Hatchling Dragon
I often find my dragon doing this whenever he/she sits on me, and whenever he finds a warm spot to curl up in. He often goes in head first, then begins shimmying trying to get comfortable. I don't know if this is applicable here, but that's all I know. Good luck and I hope you find out soon if this didn't help.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie is about one year old, vet said she is all healthy! However I was caught off guard yesterday because she started shimmying in her hips, and kind of rubbing her hips against the floor, kind of in a thrusting motion. She does not seem uncomfortable she does it quite repetitively. I’m so confused by this behavior! Can anyone provide some insight?!
Like she's trying to rub her femoral pores against the surface? Does she have some rough-ish surfaces to rub against? I believe there can be a sort of waxy buildup in the femoral pores, that beardies typically "maintain" by scrubbing them like that. More prevalent in males, maybe, but not unheard of for a female.