• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hiding

Easter

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can someone please give me advice as bearded dragon keeps hiding under his bridge and will not eat his greens but snatches at his live food so he is hungry and the viv temps are 103/105 baskimg end and 88/90 cool end any ideas what the issue is and what I can do

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can someone please give me advice as bearded dragon keeps hiding under his bridge and will not eat his greens but snatches at his live food so he is hungry and the viv temps are 103/105 baskimg end and 88/90 cool end any ideas what the issue is and what I can do
You cool end is too high for 88/90 - please get it down to 80's or so - he cant cool off --- are you taking surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? If your dragon is a year old or older temps should be 95-100 that is a good reason why hes hiding --- what are you feeding for greens? Stick ons are ok for getting ambient temps- please go over the brand and bulb of your UVB please NO coils they are inadequate and a terrible health risk

Easter

Bearded Dragon Egg
You cool end is too high for 88/90 - please get it down to 80's or so - he cant cool off --- are you taking surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? If your dragon is a year old or older temps should be 95-100 that is a good reason why hes hiding --- what are you feeding for greens? Stick ons are ok for getting ambient temps- please go over the brand and bulb of your UVB please NO coils they are inadequate and a terrible health risk
Arcadia bulbs uvb is t5 and basking is 100w no coils so how can I get temps to drop in cool end please and yes using digital even tried termostat but did not seem to work and feed him various normally lambs lettuce and kale and bagged green lettuce he will not eat crickets now either as we vary his live also but turns his head away but will eat hoppers and roaches

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Arcadia bulbs uvb is t5 and basking is 100w no coils so how can I get temps to drop in cool end please and yes using digital even tried termostat but did not seem to work and feed him various normally lambs lettuce and kale and bagged green lettuce he will not eat crickets now either as we vary his live also but turns his head away but will eat hoppers and roaches
Post a pic of the tank so I can see why the temps on that cool end are so high

Easter

Bearded Dragon Egg
20220522_103144.jpg

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Are you checking humidity too? Night light…. No lights at night, if temps drop low use a ceramic heater.

Just a thought but I had to move my guys viv off the floor onto a cabinet, I think he thought he was going to get stepped on and used to hide.