• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi

DoubleD1996!

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, but not dragon keeping. That doesn't mean I'm arrogant and I'm not open to learning something new. I had a bearded dragon that passed away at the age of ten back in 2016. I swore off getting another, that I was done because she was so personable and unique, but at the end of last year I got an itch. I'm adopting a bearded dragon this upcoming spring. As far as diet, soaking and enclosure I'm confident. Well, sort of. I keep Mediterranean tortoise (testudo) as well as other species of turtles such as diamond back terrapin, cooters etc. They live in outdoor enclosures year round because they are cold tolerant (I live in TN btw). Of course I don't plan on keeping my beardie out all year long, but I do want her to enjoy the warm parts of the year outdoors. I know she'll need shaded areas, places to climb screened walls and bottom from digging out, but what else would you recommend? I plan on putting a water area with a pump to agitate the surface and encourage her to drink. I'm all over the place. What I really want to know is can she eat the same diet as my tortoises? Safe weeds I collect from the woods away from people. Things like dandelion greens, thistle, clover etc.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, but not dragon keeping. That doesn't mean I'm arrogant and I'm not open to learning something new. I had a bearded dragon that passed away at the age of ten back in 2016. I swore off getting another, that I was done because she was so personable and unique, but at the end of last year I got an itch. I'm adopting a bearded dragon this upcoming spring. As far as diet, soaking and enclosure I'm confident. Well, sort of. I keep Mediterranean tortoise (testudo) as well as other species of turtles such as diamond back terrapin, cooters etc. They live in outdoor enclosures year round because they are cold tolerant (I live in TN btw). Of course I don't plan on keeping my beardie out all year long, but I do want her to enjoy the warm parts of the year outdoors. I know she'll need shaded areas, places to climb screened walls and bottom from digging out, but what else would you recommend? I plan on putting a water area with a pump to agitate the surface and encourage her to drink. I'm all over the place. What I really want to know is can she eat the same diet as my tortoises? Safe weeds I collect from the woods away from people. Things like dandelion greens, thistle, clover etc.
Sounds like fun- are you going to keep the beardy in a tank? Dragons will brumate w/ temps cold usually it is recommended that they are not outdoors w/ temps under 65 - the greens are good w/ no pesticides on them I can post a list for you to see what they can have

DoubleD1996!

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sounds like fun- are you going to keep the beardy in a tank? Dragons will brumate w/ temps cold usually it is recommended that they are not outdoors w/ temps under 65 - the greens are good w/ no pesticides on them I can post a list for you to see what they can have
Yep, and I know. I'm going to bring her in during the cooler parts of the year, and outdoors when it's warm. I source my weeds from a remote area for my torts in the woods when I take my dogs on walks. And I'd be glad to see the list.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club