• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi!

Spike2019

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I am not exactly new to this forum. I have been a member since 2019, but only as a resource. My son's beardie just died at the age of 1 from a draft. We want to get another one in the new year. This time we are doing research first. We have a 50 gallon tank already. We just have questions regarding lighting, diet, and heating at night. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
You won't need heat at night unless your house temps fall below 75 degrees (F). If your house is too cold, you'll need to purchase a ceramic heat emitter and fixture for it. Don't place a CHE on a plastic cage, they've been known to melt enclosures. It's always good to have a CHE on hand in case your house gets too cold during the winter for whatever reason.

Spike2019

Bearded Dragon Egg
You won't need heat at night unless your house temps fall below 75 degrees (F). If your house is too cold, you'll need to purchase a ceramic heat emitter and fixture for it. Don't place a CHE on a plastic cage, they've been known to melt enclosures. It's always good to have a CHE on hand in case your house gets too cold during the winter for whatever reason.
We have a 50 gallon glass fish tank.