• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi totally new to this need advice on MBD please!

RayR

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I bought 2 bearded dragons for my kids the guy said the are about 1 year old. I almost didnt buy them of the 20 something year old because I knew they look bad but was scared they would die... They each have bump on the start of the tail that He says they had since he got them but I have no way of knowing it that is true? He said he was only feeding them crickets once every day or 2 and fruits and veggies daily. With that stated n reading up on them I think they have mbd??? So I am wanting to know what else I can do for them because i can not get them into a vet for 2 weeks, which was the soonest anyone could see them. So in the 4 days I have had them they are much more active now n pooping regularly since I got them. I have been feeding them mostly crickets 20 per bearded dragon, but also 10 roaches, n 10 wax worms (I know they should not have them that often but trying to fatten them up) they get these servings 2-3 times a day. Also twice a day they get some type of mix of kale, green beans, green bean leafs, carrots, sweet potatoes, and celery. Strawberries n grapes once every other day. All food has high calcium multi vitamin and d3 added. What else can I do or should I not be doing? I read baby food can be good but not sure what exactly to get or how to give it them? I know if males they should not be housed together but I am pretty sure one is female and will have them sexed when we go to the vet. Thank you in advance for the help!
15951702504307989661121248492492.jpg

Attachments

• 15951702993907836841854024365223.jpg
    15951702993907836841854024365223.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 15951703240492830306727663688020.jpg
    15951703240492830306727663688020.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So I bought 2 bearded dragons for my kids the guy said the are about 1 year old. I almost didnt buy them of the 20 something year old because I knew they look bad but was scared they would die... They each have bump on the start of the tail that He says they had since he got them but I have no way of knowing it that is true? He said he was only feeding them crickets once every day or 2 and fruits and veggies daily. With that stated n reading up on them I think they have mbd??? So I am wanting to know what else I can do for them because i can not get them into a vet for 2 weeks, which was the soonest anyone could see them. So in the 4 days I have had them they are much more active now n pooping regularly since I got them. I have been feeding them mostly crickets 20 per bearded dragon, but also 10 roaches, n 10 wax worms (I know they should not have them that often but trying to fatten them up) they get these servings 2-3 times a day. Also twice a day they get some type of mix of kale, green beans, green bean leafs, carrots, sweet potatoes, and celery. Strawberries n grapes once every other day. All food has high calcium multi vitamin and d3 added. What else can I do or should I not be doing? I read baby food can be good but not sure what exactly to get or how to give it them? I know if males they should not be housed together but I am pretty sure one is female and will have them sexed when we go to the vet. Thank you in advance for the help! View attachment 22807
Hello, I'm sorry to tell you but they definitely seem to have MBD you can tell from their eyes and their tails. What type of UVB do you have for them? What substrate are they on? Could you post a picture of their enclosure? If they are willing to eat crickets and dubia roaches I would not suggest feeding them baby food. Also it is easy to tell if they are male or female, you can lift up their tail and if you see two bumps it is a male and if there are no bumps or just one in the center then it is a female.

RayR

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I'm sorry to tell you but they definitely seem to have MBD you can tell from their eyes and their tails. What type of UVB do you have for them? What substrate are they on? Could you post a picture of their enclosure? If they are willing to eat crickets and dubia roaches I would not suggest feeding them baby food. Also it is easy to tell if they are male or female, you can lift up their tail and if you see two bumps it is a male and if there are no bumps or just one in the center then it is a female.
i’d get them to a vet asap. it does look like MBD. i agrée with what silver said as well. good luck!
Ty soonist I can find a vet is 2 weeks....

RayR

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a long long uv light for them and bulb is supposed to b 3 months old. They are on calcium sand. I think 1 is female the other I can not tell because of the size. Also do u know how much the treatment for mbd runs?

Attachments

• 15952461090897930492999781348331.jpg
    15952461090897930492999781348331.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have a long long uv light for them and bulb is supposed to b 3 months old. They are on calcium sand. I think 1 is female the other I can not tell because of the size. Also do u know how much the treatment for mbd runs?
Okay, I would check on what the UVB light is and I would stop using the red light. Also calcium sand is very bad for bearded dragons as it can cause impaction and the heat rock you have in there is also bad as it can burn your bearded dragon. I'm not sure how much treatment is going to cost as it varies from vet to vet if I had to guess a couple hundred but I'm not sure.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
red light is very bad for there eyes and sand can be dangerous. beardies can’t sense heat well on their stomachs so that’s why the rock might burn them. i also recommend getting something different to measure the temps bc the dial ones you have can be inaccurate

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
red light is very bad for there eyes and sand can be dangerous. beardies can’t sense heat well on their stomachs so that’s why the rock might burn them. i also recommend getting something different to measure the temps bc the dial ones you have can be inaccurate
I have that same rock in my tank as it came with the set up when I got Seymore, but the cord is gone. I'm assuming it was removed for that reason. I still use it as Dex's basking rock as it's smooth and flat, but it can't be plugged in.

RayR

Bearded Dragon Egg
The red light is the night time light. Does that make a difference? Thanks for all the advice!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The red light is the night time light. Does that make a difference? Thanks for all the advice!
From what I've been told they should have no lights on at night. Colored lights of any kind should not be used at any time. Nor should coiled lights be used. If heat is needed at night to keep temperature in tank between 68-70 F use a CHE (ceramic heat emitter). Hope this helps.

ToriH

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I bought 2 bearded dragons for my kids the guy said the are about 1 year old. I almost didnt buy them of the 20 something year old because I knew they look bad but was scared they would die... They each have bump on the start of the tail that He says they had since he got them but I have no way of knowing it that is true? He said he was only feeding them crickets once every day or 2 and fruits and veggies daily. With that stated n reading up on them I think they have mbd??? So I am wanting to know what else I can do for them because i can not get them into a vet for 2 weeks, which was the soonest anyone could see them. So in the 4 days I have had them they are much more active now n pooping regularly since I got them. I have been feeding them mostly crickets 20 per bearded dragon, but also 10 roaches, n 10 wax worms (I know they should not have them that often but trying to fatten them up) they get these servings 2-3 times a day. Also twice a day they get some type of mix of kale, green beans, green bean leafs, carrots, sweet potatoes, and celery. Strawberries n grapes once every other day. All food has high calcium multi vitamin and d3 added. What else can I do or should I not be doing? I read baby food can be good but not sure what exactly to get or how to give it them? I know if males they should not be housed together but I am pretty sure one is female and will have them sexed when we go to the vet. Thank you in advance for the help! View attachment 22807
I do believe this is MBD. Also I know you just got them but I would reccomened changing their substrate because sand is not good for bearded dragons.