• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi! New to all of this!

tasha_66

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone,

My daughter has decided on a Central Bearded Dragon for her first 'real' pet. She wants to get it for her 11th birthday (4 months away) so we are both looking at as much information as possible before then so that we can make some informed decisions.

I think that we will end up building our own enclosure. Some of the ideas on this forum are very exciting.

We will be asking lots of questions in the future I'm sure.

Thanks,
Michelle.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey and welcome to the forum. And to the world of beardies. Anything you have that you need to know will be able to be answered on this site both through the main page here and through the wonderful members we have. There are also a few reputable breeders on here that may have a very healthy baby (non pet store) that you may be interested in. Keep us up to date on questions you have. We are all here to help. welcome to our little family here.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome.
Oh and by the way. Welcome to your new addiction...lol This is a hobby that was a way of growing on you that is unlike any other type of pet.
Like Brian stated, feel free to ask questions. If someone on this forum cant answer your question chances are we know the person to ask directly.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome! I think a bearded dragon is a great pet for your daughter. And a fantastic gift! I think beardies are definitely an educational lesson. More so than dogs. :)

tasha_66

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks everyone!

Renee, we have 4 dogs! I love my babies, but the beardie will be my daughters pet to care for. She is so excited.

As my dogs come inside, do beardies frighten easily? It wouldnt be out at the same time as the dogs were inside but while in its enclosure will it be distressed if the dogs check him out? I wouldn't like to scare it!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is going to depend on how acclimated you get the dragon to your dogs. My dragons pay no attention to my cats. The pretty much ignore them entirely. Personally my main suggestion would be to make sure the tank is on a sturdy enough platform to not get nocked over by the dogs and make sure they cant reach the top to push it off. Other than that things should be fine. But keep an eye out if he does start getting stressed you may have to block off the area he is in from the dogs. If you have to do this you can use a baby gate. They work great.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi there and welcome! 4 dogs! wow! i don't have any other pets, but i'm sure as with introduce any animal, patience is needed for everyone to get used to each other.