• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi. I'm a newie

Lotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
:) Hi I'm Lotty. My little girl is called Freda who is approx 15/16 mths. I've had her since Feb and still have a lot to learn. I know her viv is ok as I realised this is extremely important. I thought I had her feeding right until I was told that what I had been advised before was not correct - not live threatening just not very healthy for her. I'm off shopping today to buy a whole load of collards. I am also stopping the morio worms (also recommended) and going back to crickets and locus and she will hve to chase them (Freda is really lazy). I love holding and bathing her and Freda hates it. I,

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Lotty and welcome! Glad to hear you are getting on the right track for taking care of Freda. It is unfortunate how much incorrect info is out there. Hang in there and feel free to ask any questions you want. Our member base is very knowledgeable and willing to help you out. :)

brasshandle

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi lotty, try not to worry,if you give the staples of crickets dusted with powder and locust as a treat and offer veg daily youl be alright. lots of dragons seem to ignore veg but they eat it when there ready,so dont worry just offer it daily.your dragon is about the same age as mine and i feed marley live crikcets every other day about as much as he can eat in 10 mins was the advice i was given and it seems to work ,he turns away when hes had enuogh and locust may be 3 at weekend as a treat,if you have any worrys just ask on this forum theres loads of members to help. relax try not to worry and enjoy your beardey. love brasshandle ;D ;D ;D

Lotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
??? Thanx for the advise Brasshandle. I thought you could feed locus as an alternative to crickets? How does Marley react to bathing and being handles. Freda is extremely against bathing and if I handle her first thing is not so bad but other than that she can be a proper madam. I really enjoy her, she does kamikazi around the cage when she's on top form and I find it hilarious. I've heard about brumation, should I expect this to take place soon and what should I signs should I be looking for? Love to Marly

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some beardies do not like their baths. Keep at it. Eventually, they do warm up to it. Make sure the temp is like baby bath water and it is not too deep. The 'tub' should be large enough for Freda to move around.

Brumation typically occurs in winter. It is a mild state of hybernation. Since Freeda is aourn 15 months old, it is very possible that she will brumate this year.

brasshandle

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
marley hated baths at first but stick with it ,he now likes them but gets fed up after about 10 mins.as for brumation ,marley is about the same age as freda and will probabley brumate this year ,like you this is my first dragon so im going to need help ,so if theres any one reading this who can give advice please do.love to freda would like to see a pic ;D ;D ;D brasshandle