• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everyone

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone i'm new to this site and to owning a bearded dragon, I've only owned my 3 month old baby bearded dragon a few days i got her on thursday today is saturday. The dad to my beadie is a red phrase mum is a normal. So it will be interesting to see what colour my baby turns out to be. The day i got her she ate 4 crickets and 1 mealworm, The next day she ate 5 crickets, today she has eatten 5 i think so far. She is quite tame and will happliy sit on my hand, She isn't much for hand feeding she will take one from the tweezers and thats it. She loves to do the hunting for herself so i put 8 crickets in her enclosure which normally lasts her all day, At night time i take the remaning crickets out if there is any. She won't eat her veggies yet but i keep offering them to her. Here are some pictures.
BILD0784.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

BILD0782.jpg

She is asleep in this picture
BILD0781.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome. Adorable. What is her name.

I would stay away from the mealworms. They have a hard outer shell that makes it tough for beardies, especially young ones to break down. Stick with crickets and salad for now.

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes i understand about the mealworms so she won't be getting anymore. The breeder feed her on termites,crickets,mini mealworms and salad. But since i can't get termites i'll stick to crickets and salad. She ate 6 crickets yesterday. Now its matter of getting her to eat her salad.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't fret too much over the salad. Offer it daily. Most beardies do not dive into their salads until they are close to 1 year old. But it will prepare them for adulthood times when they will eat salad every day and proteins about every other day.