• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everyone! New with some questions

Aubs15

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone! My name is Aubri and I’ve recently acquired my first bearded dragon baby. I’m not too sure of the sex yet as I think it’s too small to tell. It’s about 4-5 inches. I’ve done a ton of research on this forum before I brought him/her home. I’ve decided on the name of Skeeter. I’ll post some pictures of my setup below any advice would be helpful. I know my uvb isn’t correct I’m waiting on my new light and hood to come in from Amazon I ordered the reptisun 10.00. His basking spot is at 105-110 on his tree and his rock below a steady 97. I have the thermometer with the probe. The ones on the wall are just for the air. I have also ordered the temp gun it’s arriving tonight. The cool side of his tank stays around 75 is that too cool? At night drops to about 67 is that good or should he have a heater? I read it’s okay as long as it doesn’t go below 65 but I worry. Also I’m worried about his tail being lighter. Is it getting ready to shed? He’s super friendly and loves being held. And has been eating crickets like it’s his job. At least 30 a day. Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it and I’m sorry for the crazy amount of questions!! Worried mom!!!
03dcc3663f2620193da91544dc505e43.jpg
6b7c0b0ae2fa2eb886ee0dc02b2f34aa.jpg
ba6bd6dd7a065309ea446fd5dfc47fcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks great, welcome to the forum! Everything sounds good, the temp at night is just fine. 75 isn't horrible for the cool side, getting it closer to 80 would be better. With your lid the way it's made, you may have to just get a small watt heat bulb for the cool side to get it a little warmer.

Aubs15

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you so much! I have a mini dome fixture I think they make 25 watt Halogen bulbs for it do you think that would be too much heat or just enough? Will the uvb help bump up the temps at all or no? Also do you think skeeters tail looks okay?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with patsy.. the tail looks like it may just be starting the shedding process, as babies they always seem to be shedding as they grow and eat soo much. Great set up!!

Aubs15

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you for your help! I feel like an over protective and worried mom lol