• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey I am daredevils owner

DareDevilX

Bearded Dragon Egg
so I have a bearded dragon named daredevil. my question is he is growing to fast! he is about 1foot & a half I just got him not long ago so he now can eat a 100 count of mile worms now & he just like to eat real food not food that's not alive? so if any one can help me just write me back.
DareDevil.jpg

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
He should be eating a lot of insects that young and small, feed him as many as he can eat in fifteen minutes!

Side note: You shouldn't be feeding him mealworms. You can feed him dubia roaches or crickets, and there are lots of other good options too! Meal worms are bad because of the tough exoskeleton, same thing applies with superworms especially at your dragon's age.

Superworms are really the only one of the two you should feed, and still feed them rarely as a treat. Some other good treat options are hornworms as they are very hydrating!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Black soldier flies are also really good apparently for babies they don’t need to be calcium dusted either.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Black soldier flies are also really good apparently for babies they don’t need to be calcium dusted either.
Do you order these online from a specific place? Curious myself as i've never tried feeding them to my bearded dragon, only dubia roaches, superworms, and hornworms. How many do you give your adult dragon each feeding with the amount of calcium that they contain? I assume you wouldn't wanna over-do it with these bugs..?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do you order these online from a specific place? Curious myself as i've never tried feeding them to my bearded dragon, only dubia roaches, superworms, and hornworms. How many do you give your adult dragon each feeding with the amount of calcium that they contain? I assume you wouldn't wanna over-do it with these bugs..?
I dont know a whole lot about them to be honest , my beardie ate one and my tokay gecko couldn’t digest them so I ended up chucking them into our forest, i got them from Symtonbsf.com , i don’t think you can over do it with them, order the largest size they have (even these will be small)