• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey guys, has anyone else noticed their beardie having a strange fascination with keyboards?

Blaqnbloo

Bearded Dragon Egg
My female always runs down my shoulder and walks around on my PC keyboard. Maybe she likes the clicking noise? It's really cute, but I wondered if anyone else has seen there dragon display the same tendencies?

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie LOVES jumping around on my computer. If I am holding him he jumps onto my keyboard and starts jumping on the screen. I think maybe he is attracted to the light? I am not quite sure but that is what I am assuming. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Blaqnbloo

Bearded Dragon Egg
I really don't know lol. It's so odd. Maybe it mimics the flashy displays of other dragons? That's a stretch but the only thing I can think of

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
Whenever I do homework, the word program is up, Harry will plant himself on the keyboard and help me type. I have had to resort to doing all my writing at night when he is in bed.
DSC03754.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep! Mine does this too! She's always trying to climb over my hands to get to the keyboard. Then she'll plop herself down on the whole keyboard, making it impossible to type. Then she'll start stepping on the keys and looking up at what she's typed. LOL! It's like pay attention to ME! Not that computer and keyboard! :D

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie LOVES my computer! He is fascinated with jumping on the keyboard and then trying to jump onto the screen. I think it's probably the bright light that attracts them. (I'm assuming anyways) It's so funny because my beardie will leap from my hands onto the keyboard and start dancing with the screen and trying to climb up it....I posted a pic awhile ago of him doing that, its pretty funny!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Laptops run hot, the heat coming through the keyboard is a nice warm spot for them.

Silkmoth

Hatchling Dragon
Well, they watch us use it with great concentration and attention so clearly there is something very important about it. They are certainly smart creatures so they want to be a part of what is going on. That's my thought.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep. I've noticed that too! Ahhh! Instant basking spot! :)

emilybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mine loves my laptop....my guess is the warmth. Often when I am working on it, she will come and lie right across it so I cannot type anymore.

*Moderated*

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
My girl likes the keyboard but its only ever 2 keys she presses ... the space bar or ttttttttttttttttttttttttt I don't get it lol :rolleyes:

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mr.Jethro used to have a bad habit of going to the bathroom on my keyboard whenever I was getting him out for a bit! It was still cute though, seeing him follow my hands on my laptop and then look at the screen with such awe and fascination. We've even tried getting him to play the Ant Crusher game on the iPad a few times, he mostly looks at us like we're nuts. He licked the screen once or twice but that's about it, lol.

beardie_owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How come there are no concerns here about salmonella with the dragon being all over keyboards?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've thought about it whenever Allie sits on the keyboard and that's why they've got hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray.