• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help?

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
So my dragon, Atlas, has been very lazy lately. And by lazy, I mean not wanting to bask and sleeping in her hide a lot. Her appetite is great, and she's eating just fine! Her temps are in the range they should be, while she has the right UV lighting; with the bulb very recently changed. Does anyone know why she might be acting this way?

I had first suspected she might be gravid again. Though she's not showing active signs of being gravid (ex. Digging, not eating, etc.). Other than her lethargy, she's been otherwise okay. No decrease in appetite, and is still alert/active when I take her out of the tank.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What season are you in? Has she brumated lately? You say your temps are good but have you tried messing around with the temp? I ask because my female will go back and forth on what temps she wants so she won't bask alot. I changed to a lower wattage and now she's basking again..
Is she pooping ok? How long has she been acting this way?

I would say if you've tried everything and you've made sure she's free of parasites I would let her do what she want's to do, just make sure she basks long enough after eating.

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
What season are you in? Has she brumated lately? You say your temps are good but have you tried messing around with the temp? I ask because my female will go back and forth on what temps she wants so she won't bask alot. I changed to a lower wattage and now she's basking again..
Is she pooping ok? How long has she been acting this way?

I would say if you've tried everything and you've made sure she's free of parasites I would let her do what she want's to do, just make sure she basks long enough after eating.

I'm currently in spring. I live on the East Coast of the US. And I had the temps at the high range when this all started, so I decided to lower them to see how she felt. But even then nothing really changed with her behavior :/

She hasn't pooped in a few days, so I'm waiting on that to see how it looks. She's been this way for about two weeks now.