• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help

Sammi Tuggle

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little one's Heat/basking bulb just blew. And I have no way to the pet store that is 45 minutes away at this moment. I know Walmart sells some but they are only 75 watt. Will a regular light bulb help with the heat until i can get to the pet store? I am so worried. I haven't fed her any worms since this morning. bc it was still working at 8 when I got up and fixed her salad and fed her the superworms. Please help me out with some ideas on keeping her warm. I mean I have my lights and my ceramic heated on a timer so the heater won't come on until 9pm.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry I am just getting to this.. sorry her bulb blew yes you can do a regular bulb just really monitor temps..This is a big reason many of us have several back-ups for this reason..sometimes we feel like a bulb section in our own home lol
You are likely already dark now so .....

Sammi Tuggle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry I am just getting to this.. sorry her bulb blew yes you can do a regular bulb just really monitor temps..This is a big reason many of us have several back-ups for this reason..sometimes we feel like a bulb section in our own home lol
You are likely already dark now so .....
Thank you so much. I was able to go get her one. and I have another question. So she is totally picky as well. She was hatched on October 5th and I bought her at reptile expo on November 11th. Well now don't get me wrong she is a healthy happy little dragon. She eats all her worms and salad EXCEPT when i dust them with either the calcium or the vitamin powder. that is when she refuses to touch a single green or worm. This scares me as that I need her to intake her calcium and vitamins, I want her strong and healthy. What can I do? She is stubborn lol. It never fails me, all my animals have attitude lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much. I was able to go get her one. and I have another question. So she is totally picky as well. She was hatched on October 5th and I bought her at reptile expo on November 11th. Well now don't get me wrong she is a healthy happy little dragon. She eats all her worms and salad EXCEPT when i dust them with either the calcium or the vitamin powder. that is when she refuses to touch a single green or worm. This scares me as that I need her to intake her calcium and vitamins, I want her strong and healthy. What can I do? She is stubborn lol. It never fails me, all my animals have attitude lol
what feeder bugs do you feed? you could feed them some and she would get some that way or you can try and do slurries and hide the supplements in those..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she eats super worms. do you mean a slurpy?
lol no slurry it's blended up greens/supplements and a liquid typically coconut water and you give it to them with a syringe (no needle) I give mine while they are in the bath as it can get kinda messy..that way they get everything and you might be able to hide the supplements that don't want to get eaten.

Sammi Tuggle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your drinks it just fine? Mine doesn't like taking water from a syringe.....her crazy little self will go lay in her water bowl and drink. I will still have to try it out. I don't want to have to force her mouth open and make her drink it, but if her little bad butt doesn't do it then i might have to do it. I just don't want her to be sick

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your drinks it just fine? Mine doesn't like taking water from a syringe.....her crazy little self will go lay in her water bowl and drink. I will still have to try it out. I don't want to have to force her mouth open and make her drink it, but if her little bad butt doesn't do it then i might have to do it. I just don't want her to be sick
It takes a bit of getting used to it but I dribble (not runny but not thick consistency) some on their noses when they are in the bath (for ease of clean up) and as they lick you dribble more..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Feed the supers the food the same healthy greens you would feed your dragon so they get the nutrition in them. Some people have also tried the spray on vitamin and calcium. That might be an option.

Superworms are a good feeder but they are higher in fat and if fed exclusively can lead to fatty liver disease. Make sure you add variety to the diet. Dubia roaches, silk worms, BSFL are all very good every day feeders to use along with supers.

Sammi Tuggle

Bearded Dragon Egg
lol no slurry it's blended up greens/supplements and a liquid typically coconut water and you give it to them with a syringe (no needle) I give mine while they are in the bath as it can get kinda messy..that way they get everything and you might be able to hide the supplements that don't want to get eaten.

Update on my little Ember, So i got some coconut water and the greens and tried that she tasted it and ran away in the bathtub lol. so last night i was at my wit's end, i went to Walmart and bought a thing of baby food (apples and blueberry mixture) and i mixed some calcium powder in it when she couldn't see me and then i got her out of her tank and put some on my finger and low and behold she ate it up! I was so happy, she went face first into the baby food/calcium mixture! I laughed bc she looked up at me and she had baby food all on her face and so when she finished i took her and gave her a bath. Then this morning i get up and she has popped her shed so she is a little grumpy,I gave her a good soak and used her little tooth brush, cleaned her tank while she was soaking to get excess shed up, i fixed her some greens and did a mixture again and she ate two pieces of greens and a little taste of her mixture and then went back to her basking. So do they not eat much while shedding? She even turned down her worms.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Be careful that you get the all natural baby food with no added sugar, or preservatives.. I've used baby food to get some supplements in mine but I do this in moderation. I found that blending up their greens/veggies in my magic bullet with some liquid and their supplements was alot better for them.
Yes some slow down when shedding some dont.