• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help (Won't stay in soaking container)

BeardedXoni6690

Hatchling Dragon
Hey everyone. So I've been trying to bathe my little guy for a bit now and he just won't stay in the container I have for em. I know bathing for them is needed but, how do I go about doing this when he won't stay in?

Attachments

• IMG_20230514_131630.jpg
    IMG_20230514_131630.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone. So I've been trying to bathe my little guy for a bit now and he just won't stay in the container I have for em. I know bathing for them is needed but, how do I go about doing this when he won't stay in?
How old is the dragon and how long have you had him?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's 3 months and for 1 month
Ok please back off on the baths- he's still adjusting to the tank and surroundings - off him water dropped on the nose or eye dropper- also rinse his greens before serving- dragons get most of their hydration from the greens but still offer water - make sure his surface basking temps are 105-110 taken w a digital probe thermometer- uvb is a long tube fixture-- no coils they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues - if you need help w/ that I can post 3 good ones

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Beardies need Baths twice a week and more when shedding for 15min minimum. Make sure the water is lukewarm and it’s dechlorinated. Sprinkle some Reptisafe drops always in the bath water to remove the chlorine; it’s bad for their skin and dries it out. Make sure the water level is not too high. Fill it enough so that it’s way below his neck and try bathing him in a clean bathtub or sink & lightly splash some water on his back. DONOT get water in his ears. The water level is either too high or too warm for him, maybe is why he’s not liking it. Play soft mediation music and softly brush him downwards for a few minutes with a new soft toothbrush., then let him soak and relax. Also, 2-3 times a day in his cage must him with a water bottle sprayer; again dechlorinated water so Add the Reptisafe drops.